Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
US
State
PA
City
Small town
Does anyone know where I can get a bag or backpack with "ALSA" or "ALS" on it? I've done an on-line search and can't find one. I do not see them on the ALSA website.

Someone here (Becky??) mentioned she puts one on her husband's chair (because people are curious & the Trilogy is off-putting). I would like to do the same and would gladly pay for one if I could find it! TY:smile:

the trilogy is offputting!!??? What kind of insensitive Jack wagons are you running into? Or maybe I just misunderstand, I don't know.

Any who, your local ALSA rep should be able to get a hold of one for you. If not, check with our folks, we are the Golden West chapter of the People's Republic of California

Buckhorn, we got ours when we traveled to DC with ALSA for Advocacy Day.

I just went to etsy . Com and searched on customized backpack and found some that are under $10 with lettering of your choice. That may be the easiest way to get exactly what you want. Well, that may have been the bag--lettering is probably charged by number of letters.

The daughter of a past PALS raises funds for ALS reasearch through a product line ALS Sucks. I've sent her a note suggestion the drawstring bag as an addition to her product line.

I think it's a big help in letting people who might be embarrassed to ask know what our PALS are suffering from.

Becky

Thanks Becky. I was thinking the same - that if I can't purchase an "official" one, I would have my own printed.

Tom, I was mincing words by saying "off-putting". We get adults that stare for too long. My PALS doesn't seem to notice or care, but I do (I have always been much more insecure than him). It bugs me & I stare right back. IDK why, but it also bothers me that people may think Dave was a heavy smoker, has COPD, etc. He never smoked a single cigarette. He is on his Trilogy 24/7 now. Anyway, I think the wheelchair bag or drawsting bag would be educational for strangers.

I like the idea of a bag being educational for strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back