View Single Post
Old 04-30-2004, 11:12 AM #5 (permalink)

Carol Deboer is an unknown quantity at this point
Carol Deboer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carol D.

Hi Me,

Glad that you found us. It is a elite group here! We come from all over Canada, and have found this forum to be a comfort to all that suffer from this als thing. It is a group no one wants to join, however, once you do, you find the nicest people and the comfort that so many of us need, and somehow do not get from others that don't understand the adversity of this als ailment. Your hubby is soooo young....only in his 20's. wow.... I hope that your final diagnosed is not ALS. Where abouts in Michigan are you? We border town with Port Huron Mich. We go shopping there quite often, and used to go to dinner over there alot. There are some really good clinics over there. Henry went to the MD clinic in Farmington Hills. They were awesome! They were really hoping Henry did not have als either. But after a spinal tap, emg, blood work, MRI, and a series of reflex tests the diagnosed was the same as the one we got here in Ontario, from Dr. Strong and the University Hosp. You have to do what you have to do. However, I still do not understand why it takes so long in some places. I know it is not something that you come to first conclusion. Tests must be made properly and to rule out other ailments that mimic als. Good luck to you. It is something that will change your lives forever. You will be strong, and you will be overwhelmed, but you will overcome. Get your final diagnosis before you go any further. Good luck, and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Stay in touch. Many people find us , and then we never hear from them again.
Saty Strong....

Carol D.