Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry, may I ask you a question concerning your als?

Ask away, I'll answer if I can.

Looks like my post finally went up... now you really won't be able to get that song out of your head.

Yay, I'm officially not "new" anymore... probably more due to this thread than any other!

Definitely would like to get something going after school gets out in June... though I'll be very crazed this summer between sending 2 boys to Alaska and hopefully selling and buying a house and moving before school starts... which is usually in late August, which I hate!

You know, I keep forgetting everyone's real names! Must be getting old.

Just spent the entire day scrubbing and sanding my house with some friends that came over. Another friend who couldn't make it over brought over a cheese lasagna, salad and brownies for us all! I supplied lots of soda and water. It's so nice to have friends! Two of my brothers are coming over tomorrow to do more sanding and start painting what we sanded today. Unbelievable how clean my windows are now, I have to invest in that squeegee thing my friend Diane has, its amazing. I wanted to work outside on the front porch (scraping/restaining the shakes on the porch and cleaning the columns with bleach solution to kill the mildew) but it is still too cold to do outside work. Have to do it before my garden starts to grow, then I'll be killing the plants. Of course, I got careless and my legs got tired so I fell over again... first time in a few months, but my knee does hurt. It gets so frustrating not to be able to do the things that you once did, but its also really nice to see firsthand the blessing of your friends.

So on that note, I bid you goodnight (unless I plug in my laptop upstairs!). Recuperate from today, and get ready for more tomorrow. And I still have to do my #(&(# taxes! Ugh.

Helen

Sleep well Helen. You should take it easy. I just can't recover from my day ( 1 1/2 hrs)in Nelson yesterday. I am going to bed for the afternoon. It's odd how airports and flying can wear you out, even tho you are sitting on your backside.

And kimberely I just saw your question to me about Lyme Disease. We do not have ticks here that bite humans or carry Lyme. My horse got ticks once from a dairy farm, they are common on cows. I just had to wash him down with a really potent pesticide. I think we are lucky!

Aly

hope you get rested up, aly.
dont like hearing that your so worn out.
i am too. think ive got a sinus infection- just what i need.
supposed to be goin to a club tomorrow for a few drinks and celebration of the naughty kind... lol
but now my head feels like its 400 pounds...

Hello, everyone! My week was busier than normal with the hospice folks, new equipment and resting up after it all. Just got back on the forum today.

I am so envious of you, Aly, for your travels. I just love to travel. I say spring for business class! I traveled first class often in the last 5 years, via my travel awards, within the US. What a treat. Had enough travel points for my husband and I to go first class on our next trip to Europe, but spent them on getting our extended family of 14 to Oregon, WA, for a family reunion with my side instead. It was the better choice, but I still think longingly of the flight we almost had. As it turned out, my trips across the pond had an expiration date, so we wouldn't have been able to go, anyway.

Ann, I saw "Wit". It was very well done. But I agree, it's not a movie for everyone.

My sister from Alaska arrives tomorrow. On Thursday my mother and other sister fly in from Oregon. The next day my father arrives from Phoenix, and our daughter, hubby and 3 grandchildren also will show up that evening from Kentucky. We have a large house, but not large enough for all of these guests to sleep in beds. It is going to be interesting. They are all coming in because of my hospice status. Did I mention that my mother and father have been divorced for over 45
years? Dad has settled well into his 4th marriage, and Mom is widowed by her 3rd husband, with their marriage being the first for each. My illness has brought them together again without animosity. Who says that God doesn't still produce miraculous feats?

Wishing all a wonderful day.

Pam its so good to hear from you. I have been a bit worried that you may have come down with something( you know what I mean)! My, you will have a full house! Dont let yourself get too tired, we need your cherry posts around here :)

I have decided to take the plunge and go to Hawaii. Hubby is going to try and change his Business class ticket, so we can all fly ecomomy and save some money, but he was sponsored by a P.....L company, so doubt that its possible. If not he said I could have his posh seat and he will sit with Sam. I dont care ias ts only a short 9 hr flight. Over in a flash. The american academy of neurologists conference is on in Honolulu, thats why he is going. The last neuro conference I attended last year in Gothenburg, was a bit of a laugh. I met hubby at lunch because we were attending different workshops, as i walked (or limped across the room, there was a big smile on his face. he said "well that just got the attention of the 4000 neurologists in the room, They will all be trying to guess what you have! " I cracked up (then the self conciousness set in) :)

I am going to be lazy again. I got Shutter Island out of the DVD store to watch and it has to go back later today. I was too exhausted to watch it yesterday. Apparently it is a fantastic movie. Anyone seen it?

Have a great day everyone, ours is just beginning and of course its Monday here? Clear day, and its stopped raining. Need to go feed my old horse, she will be eagerly awaiting her breakfast, and I have not let the dogs out.
Aly

It is very good to see you, Pam. Your week and the coming time sounds helpful, fun and very exhausting to me! Love the story about your parents. I'm glad for you to be able to see them together being amicable. God does do very amazing things...sometimes stranger than fiction. My own parents were embattled, utterly, until they were in their seventies. It was really tough being with them. However, they became friends, learned to love each other, and when Mom became sick with dementia and strokes, Dad cared for her without a complaint, entirely on his own. After her death it took him a year to even recognize she wasn't perfect. He used to say he wanted her back, that there was nothing he minded doing for her. He's more realistic now, but also speaks of how he enjoyed taking care of her. I've never seen anything like it... such a late-life total change.

I hope this coming week with all your family together is a week filled with memory makers, and laughter.

I hope everyone's day has been easy. We had snow last night and the woodstove is burning. I've been sideways most of the day. My new version of "tired", lol. I'm extremely easy to read!

Aly, good that you're going to Hawaii with your husband. I hope it's a wonderful trip for both of you and Sam!

Ann, sideways is not bad! Thank goodness you can find a position that brings comfort.

We had snow yesterday and still snowing today. Blah! So, I spent the biggest part of the day reading and listening to Nascar (Tim's passion). I've learned how to prop the Kindle while in the recliner, with Miss Kitty snuggled on my lap, while Tim yells at the TV screen, -like the drivers can hear him! LoL

I'm starting to think/plan a trip back to Pennsylvania in May to take my Mom's ashes for placement with my dad. Tim seems to think it will be a great opportunity to attend a race in Delaware; as long as we are going East! I wonder if I can handle a day at the races - I'll make sure the Kindle is charged!

Hawaii sounds much better, Aly! Anywhere warm sounds good right now.

Diane- who does Tim root for? Please tell me its not Gordon or Johnson! I was a huge Earnhardt fan, and was crushed when he died. Of course I stuck by Jr. for awhile, out of respect for his dad- and for the fact that he did have some great talent and really couldve become a great driver. But he has really gone downhill the last handful of years here.
Ray is a Kennseth fan- him being from WI and all. I dont really have a favorite driver anymore. I just tend to root AGAINST Danica Patrick!
a race would be fun- but they are very loud and VERY DIRTY. theres lots of dirt and dust in the air and fumes from exhaust and all of that.
that might be an issue if you are having any breathing issues at the time.

You and I havent talked in so long. i hope you are well, as always. I went out to celebrate my bday last night. at first it was a total bummer, as everyone but my roomate cancelled on me. i didnt even want to go anymore.
but i decided that i needed to, so even though we didnt do what we had planned, we spent the evening road tripping all over just talking and laughing. stopped by a few people for some celebration and moved on. all in all, it was pretty fun!

Liz, I'm glad you had fun last night even though your party poopers pooped out. (say that ten times fast). Tomorrow is your BIG DAY. Expect big wallering hugs via cyber world all over your dear self. Here's one already ((((Waller, HUG, Waller)))) Love, Ann

Youre so sweet Ann. Thank you! I know- those dang party poopers. They dang near wrecked it for me. Some friends...
I love hugs. Wish all these cyber hugs could be real ones! I had a grandma that gave the best hugs in the whole world. No matter who you were- she hugged you like she meant it. you always new you were just hugged by someone who really cared. everyone made comments about that after she passed. one time, i dreamt that i got a hug from her and when i woke up, i could literally feel it. it was great.
dont know where that all came from- thanks for dealing with my verbal spew!

Morning, friends--
I've been away and lost a lot of steam on the trip... but it was great to travel and achieve something we had always wanted to do, bring the kids to Italy. It was really wonderful. Got back on Wednesday night and I'm still pooped! But glad to be home and to catch up on all going on at our tea party. Now I am off to "work"- which means closing this window and opening my work email etc. Thank heavens for telecommuting and part-time work! I'm hoping to write some more about our trip, but first things first. (I do wish I wasn't down to typing with one finger on each hand, but will try to be thankful to have at least that!)
Hugs-- Liz's and Ann's style-- to all-

Sue

Liz, Carl Edwards is Tim's driver of choice. Yesterday he (Tim) was complaining about the crew chief and pit crew for hours and hours after the race ended! Something about if it was up to him they would all have pink slips! :)

Still snowing here this morning. Although a beautiful sight from indoors, and while the moisture makes for a green summer with low fire danger in the Hills, I am so ready for spring, sunshine and warm days.

I haven't been doing much but reading on the forum in the past week -- hands aren't working and I haven't wanted to admit that it is time to pull out the headphones and use Dragon Speak full time. Denial, I suppose. However I am working with the Mind Mouse prototype an hour or more a day and hopefully will have all bugs worked out soon. Then I will type a note with brain power only! And, we will all see how weak that part of my body really is.!

Must get things organized for a conference call at 10:00 - so hope everyone has a good day and finds time to sip a cup of tea and give thanks for this thread and the forum. What a blessing you all are.

Sue, welcome back, and congratulations on going to Italy with your family. I want to know everything you ATE. LOL, love Italian food. I didn't remember or realize that you're still working (employed), but you GO, girl. I bet your typing speed with one finger per hand is still pretty fast. I can use all ten, but when they're tired, they curl or stick out straight and defy all orders.

Diane, you're such a trooper. Your mind will be great for the Mind Mouse.

Hugs to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back