Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone give me a ballpark of how much these tests w/o insurance would cost? I am thinking of taking one now before these exams. Also if they r going to cost high I might want to think about going back home and getting diagnosed fully..

No one answer that because the cost can vary by location and facility. But to give you an idea of the outrageous health costs this country is famous for, my own insurance company was billed $532 for my most recent physical. Nothing fancy, just a basic routine all-is-well physical. They didn’t even need to draw for routine bloodwork this time. A routine mammogram on another occasion was $596. If you’re talking about bloodwork, MRI’s, CT’s, specialized nerve tests and whatever else you’re probably talking about a total of several thousand dollars easy. If I were you I’d just make an appointment with a general doctor and get a routine checkup, and you can discuss your concerns with him/her at that time. If he/she finds a need to refer you for additional testing, then you should do that, but I wouldn't go looking for expensive tests you probably don't even need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back