When body meets floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Duker,
I've had 5 falls in the last several months. This first one happened in the bathroom...I crawled out to the living room (hardwood floors kill boney knees!) got my phone and called hubby at work, an hour away, so he called 911. Ambulance ride to the hospital. Sprained ankle. Another was falling backwards on the toilet so no issue getting up. Another was a slow motion fall with my back against the wall. I was able to grab the counter and toilet to get myself up. Yet another was on our patio after hubby painted it with a "no slip" paint. He was so kind to think of me, and it truly is NO SLIP just ask my elbows. The last time was about a month ago...not even sure what happened. Just got out of bed, didn't have my braces on had taken a few steps with my rollator and next thing I knew I was on the floor. It took my daughter and I several tries to get up. With the last two falls I've been lucky enough to have something right there to put my elbows on then push as hard as I can with what little leg strength I have left while another was lifting and pushing my rear upwards. If I was hurt bad enough that I couldn't get up on my hands and knees first, I would have been calling for the paramedics. So do your darndest to get on your hands and knees and crawl if you can to the nearest chair, etc, etc.

All great suggestions. I especially like the one about laying a straight back chair next to the fallen and move them over on it. Lift and waalaa...Your up!

Stay safe!
CarolSue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back