Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just going to say that I was happy there had been less responding to the DIHALS'ers, with much shorter responses and very few.

unfortunately, I just read one and got p'd off royally. "You guys just don't understand what I am going thru" wah wah wah. At least my response short and curt.

Now I am fired up. gonna stay away from that section so I don't get started with nasty responses...:evil:

it is like feeding strays-they just keep coming back for more.

yeah, afraid I've been a bit like that too, I should probably stay away lol

I was just going to say that I was happy there had been less responding to the DIHALS'ers, with much shorter responses and very few.

unfortunately, I just read one and got p'd off royally. "You guys just don't understand what I am going thru" wah wah wah. At least my response short and curt.

Now I am fired up. gonna stay away from that section so I don't get started with nasty responses...:evil:

it is like feeding strays-they just keep coming back for more.

This is why IMO, that section should not be part of the forum. Not a thing any of us can do for them. Waste of forum space and the time & energy of anyone replying to them.

sure but I only have myself to blame if I do read it or take any time and energy to reply, it's not like I have to because I'm a member. I'm just a bit dumber than usual some days :-o

What's just stunning to me are the ones where 1, 2 or sometimes 3 Neuro Doctors have told them they do not have ALS or an MND. And... the ones who are so descriptive in their medical terms (which means they have taken a lot of time doing research) yet they say they have reoccurring symptoms that come and go. Where did they miss ALS/MND is steadily progressive? Finally, the ones who are convinced they have ALS/MND... their symptoms started 3 weeks ago AND they admit they have been previously treated for anxiety!. Now that's reoccurring! But... those come with the ones who are real and sincere that deserve suggestions and encouragement.

In the old days there was not a section for them, and they would post anyway. they would ask their questions in the middle of another thread by a real Pal. With a DIHALS section, they can go there and ask away. they can answer each other and compare problems. anxiety ridden folks, trolls and hypochondriacs are going to be drawn to a forum like this--it is up to us to ignore them as much as possible.

I believe we should engage with them as little as possible but allow the section to keep them out of our hair.

The one I called self centered--instantly responded that she didn't understand why I was being negative. Well, obviously she wouldn't because she is so self centered and obsessed with herself. Everyone should be so interested in her problems as her! Ha!

I understand and agree but the solution is to not engage them. I never go to that section. I have no patience for it.

would a neuro entertain you if you smoked marijuana everyday?
Would any tests be viable if your a heavy user?
Would it make your medical insurance void if they found out?

Well, one thing that marijuana smoker was... honest! :) Thought I read somewhere smoking will increase chances of MND. I know it's a big closet the medical field likes to throw everything into but sounds possible. I love the ones who say, "I am not a smoker...cigarettes that is. Pot is a natural smoke." I saw a friend of mine take a long hard hit off a joint and then held it in his lungs as long as he could. Geeze... burning leaves are
a natural smoke too. I'll be honest too... it's been 45 years since I took a hit off a doobie.Yes, I liked it but it didn't mix well with my occupation at the time. Yes, I do support it's legalization for 'honest' medical relief from a catastrophic disease. But otherwise... not really. Poor parenting is becoming epidemic... yea, let's let lousy parents be legally lousier than they already are.

Maybe we should just start saying "yes you do" and be done with it ��

Nobody could tell a "Do I have Als" poster the blunt truth like trfogey.
Miss his wisdom.

Oh I miss Allen too Casey! And Al and Richard... All our other friends too of course but I always think of those three together!

...and Barry and Annie too!

Oh,theres so many wonderful people no longer with us and I think of them all ofton.

The DIHALS forum is like a pantomime....."oh yes I do"..."oh no you don't.

The DIHALS forum is like a pantomime....."oh yes I do"..."oh no you don't.

So I wonder if it would turn around and go this way:

"oh yes I do"..."oh no you don't"

"oh yes I do"..."oh yes, in fact you do!"

"oh no I don't!" ... "oh yes you do"

I really don't mean to poke fun at the genuinely concerned, nor at the mental ill folk there, but honestly it does blow my mind some days. Yet some days I find myself reading it like some weird peeping tom lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back