Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Deb,

I know that it's his decision to make but every time he chokes is a reminder to me of how un-necessary it is. I think he's being unreasonable by not even listening to advice about the Peg but ..... One more chance coming up in two weeks. Our ALS support groups subject at the next meeting is the Peg Tube! Maybe he'll listen with a open mind. I'm praying that he will. Hope everyone has a uneventful calm weekend.

Please respect his decision to refuse the PEG. And understand that, although the PEG might help him live longer, it's his choice--one of the very, very few things he has any control over anymore.

Atsugi, I understand your plea that I respect his decision and I do to a extent. The problem is he has never even listened to what good it could do and then made the decision. He is basing it on the living will that was made back several years ago when we were in good health. You know, the standard, no drastic means of keeping us alive stuff. I only ask that he listen with a open mind to the pro's and con's then make the decision. Right now he has control over most every aspect of his life with the exception of speech and eating. He can use his arms/hands and his legs. He is using a walker due to balance issues. If he had progressed to the point of being paralized etc. I think I could accept his decision much easier. I do know that it's his decision and I will abide by it, when I know that he has heard all the facts. Hopefully at our next ALS meeting that will happen. Appreciate your input though.

Would just like to say that my health, or lack there of, seems to be somewhere in the same realm as your husbands. I in no way feel like I have "control". I do of course to some extent or compared to others and with my rational mind know I do but my emotional mind makes me feels like I am flapping in the wind a good deal of the time. I am more open the the idea of a PEG than your husband but I can understand how he might not be open to it despite it seeming like the rational thing to do to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back