What is wrong with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you! Have an awesome day!

Illness on board or not, time away from the house would be good medicine. I never cared about where I was when I was sick, still don't. It is more about having someone pay attention, offer juice, cuddling -- nothing like mommy's attention --
All this can be done no matter where you are.

New surroundings, simple together activities and medication can go such a long way to restoring your souls and the body.
Taking the germs out of the house for the weekend not a bad idea either!

PS, your dad is genius, I think I love him too!
And, a personal note for you to carry:

It doesn't all have to be done to perfection by you.
If you always do it then there is nothing for anyone else to do to help.
If they don't see what you need and IT remains undone, so what? The fact that it is still on the "to do" list means it wasn't urgent anyway.

I keep a "to do" list now.
Urgent stuff gets added to the top. Stuff others demand but I don't feel paramount (Tom is a maniac) gets added to the bottom.
The stuff remains on the list until anyone gets a round tuit (we are in short supply here) Every now and then I put a fun thing on the list, because that is important too.

My motto: If it wasn't important enough for YOU to do it, why do you think it is important enough for ME to do it?

No, stuff doesn't get done any faster, but at least the constant interruption has quit.

You seem to suffering through one crisis/aggravation after another.

I hope your son is OK.

I was saddened to hear about your Collie. I'm so sorry.

I hope things work out for you tomorrow.

Hang in there.

Richard

Son has the beginnings of a respiratory bug that's going around, but no strep. Thank goodness!

Tomorrow we will rearrange his room while they split wood. Then my son wants to go to a "real" restaurant. So, we will go to Longhorn Steakhouse. We haven't been to a restaurant together in a very long time. That will be a treat, for sure! Hopefully we can get back in time to watch the last half of the Bulldogs.

Brooksea
I'm having a garage sale in Lilburn if you want to come into Gwinnett! Glad you're going to enjoy Saturday with your other guy!

Well, they left at 4PM and son and I were able to get rid of some kiddy things in his room and rearrange furniture. Then, my son and I carved our neglected pumpkin with our own designs and halfway through, two girls down the street texted him! LOL No Longhorn's! I think he's in love! It's funny to watch the change of attitude he has towards girls now. It's not funny the change of attitude he has towards me! ;)

I told him I would take him to Longhorn's tomorrow, but SIL's boyfriend told him he was grilling at her house and he would make a steak for him and me. Okey dokey! Saves me a boatload of money, as my son eats like a horse.

I will never make plans again, I will never make plans again, I will never...

Actually, this will give me an opportunity to explain to his sister the extent of my husband's progression, since she hasn't been around him for any length of time in a long while.

So, maybe this all for the better. :)

CJ,

Glad you got some "me" time and "we" time at the same time.

Have your son eat some steak for me!

Kimberly

It sounds like everything really worked out well for you--maybe this is a change in the wind with hubby's family and they will be more helpful to you. take what ever you can get girl! I am so glad you had relaxing time and time with your boy. I know you deserve some!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back