Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've recently read all three 50 Shades books...and I did enjoy them, I have to say, but I also read all the Twilights and when watching the Twilight film, I couldn't help thinking that Christian Grey could have been modelled on Edward Cullen...
At the moment I've just started Bared to You by Sylvia Day...a Crossfire novel.
I'd love to read one of your books if that's okay.
Poppy :)

Pm me an email and I will send.

As to 50 shades...it was twilight fan fiction. Christian was Edward, lol

Well, I guess I'm not as literate but I love reading Amish fiction. I guess I enjoy it because I don't have to really think about what I'm reading (usually at night, in bed and falling asleep). I also like Karen Kingsbury books. I have kindle on my Ipad and love it. All I want for Christmas or birthdays is gift cards for Amazon :) Oh yea, I have also read some of the Janet Evanovich books.

I live in mod land, LOL

I'm reading:

Father Arseny, as translated by Vera Boutenoff

and

Mere Churchianity, by Michael Spencer

and in fits and starts:

Gulag Archipelago, by Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Before I go to Sleep by S J Watson. Couldn't put it down and even got up at 2am one morning to finish it. About a woman who loses her memory every time she sleeps. Nothing like 50 first dates, and with a very sharp twist in the tale. Rivetting. Love this thread!

thankyou notme for starting this thread,after allen died i looked for his book thread to revive but sadly it was closed.
something has bugged me for a while,as you know i am a crime/horror lover.........why do so many famous crime/horror writers live in maine? is it a scarey place? do they breed psychopaths there?

No, Olly... It's colder than cold up there...great imaginations on a cold winter night?

Jen

Last edited:
So tonight I'm starting a book recommended by a friend - The Harbinger by Jonathan Cahn. We'll see how it goes with something more intellect vs my light Amish fiction. She said she could not put it down. If I don't get off this computer and get started, it might be tomorrow night :)

Scotslassie, that one sounds good... I will look for it! Thanks!

(Even though it's nothing like 50 First Dates, which I watch a couple of times a week... just love that movie LOL)

Yes, I like that film too Sarah. I think that's what drew me to this book. Enjoy!

Prey by Linda HOward. Romantic suspense

just finished Grisham's The Litigators and Tuesdays with Morrie.

thankyou notme for starting this thread,after allen died i looked for his book thread to revive but sadly it was closed.
something has bugged me for a while,as you know i am a crime/horror lover.........why do so many famous crime/horror writers live in maine? is it a scarey place? do they breed psychopaths there?

LOL, OLLY!

It's just too darn cold there to do anything BUT write in the Winter.

Kind of like me here in the summer--too darn HOT to do anything but sit in front of a computer in the summer.

James Patterson lives here, so I'm guessing his writing is in the 'hot' time :)

Just picked up 'The Bride Collector' by Ted Dekker. Murder Mystery, I guess, is the genre. The first I've read by him. We'll see how it goes. It's feeling like a slow start, but maybe that's me, not him. Lots going on lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back