Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sorry about the diagnosed, but know you have come to right place.
We are here to support,advise,answer questions and yes pray for you and your mom.
blessings, Pat

I am so sorry for what you are going through. Lots of love to you and your family.

God's blessings on our wonderful caretakers and loved ones. They are angels here on earth.

Sorry about your diagnosis, if we can be of help just ask.

Dear Alastor, I am so very sorry, and will pray for both you and your mom. It's hard to find good things to say about this, but your attitude really is great, and Alastor, while you are obviously mature and well balanced now, the disease can grow us internally in ways that an easy life cannot achieve.

If you decide you need a meltdown at some point--or many!, we will understand--believe me.

Ann

So sorry for your diagnosis. But happy you found your way here. This family here are real, true and filled with love and inspiration as well as knowledge to help on your new journey in this life. My prayers go to you and your family.

Alastor,

I'm so sorry to hear you've received this diagnosis. Remember Laurel's husband who has Lewis-Sumner Syndrome? Initially he too was diagnosed with ALS ( I believe). So, definitely seek out a second opinion. Although, if by your grandfather having had ALS, this means you have the familial type, then that closes the gap a bit (unfortunately). Still, you should have another separate evaluation done.

There is a member here who's son Johnny was diagnosed at age 18. Her name is Valya. Perhaps if you send her a message, she would be willing to give your mom some support. She's not on the forum a whole lot, I have her email address somewhere, but don't feel comfortable giving it out without her permission.

Good luck to you, I wish like anything you had gotten different news. Keep strong hope, research is encouraging, sooner or later there will be something found that will defeat ALS.

alastor,i am so sorry you have this diagnosis and at such a young age.
from alot of what i have read juvinile or young age onset has alot slower progression with many living decades.
mr s hawkins was about your age when he was diagnosed.
i know its no recompense but it does give you hope of a future............maybe a future where they find a cure.

in the stories of hope section theres a thread "longest living pals in canada".
this man was i think 21yrs or so when he was diagnosed and has lived 30yrs with als.
read his story,it is inspirational.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back