Status
Not open for further replies.
Alyoop... I am always glad to answer any questions for you. However, for as long as I have been posting on here, I haven't learned how to start a thread. Al has tried to give me instructions, but I can't follow them either. I guess I don't have the patience. I would privately tell you if you like. We sort of stumbled on the need for a special diet when he was first diagnosed with diabetes. We realized that the diet helped with much more than the diabetes and now we even wonder if one good result is slow progression of whatever this MND is. It's not difficult to follow, but does take practice shopping and cooking for it. We have been doing it almost 6 years now. It is just what I have put together to include the foods recommended, and the elimination of those that don't benefit.... plus the avoidance of the 4 white poisons... white flour, salt, pasta, and granulated sugar. Most people don't want to give anything up.

Marjorie, may I butt in and try with instructions for starting a thread? See above your post on the left, where it says "post reply" in a blue oval? Well, on any of the main page areas ("General Discussion about ALS/MND" is this main page currently) instead of the oval saying "post reply", it says "New Thread". Click onto that. A new page comes up, and you make a title for your thread where it says "Title". You write whatever you want to say or ask in the big box. Underneath there are two options: "Submit New Thread" or "Preview Post". Whether you start by previewing it or not, you have to click on "Submit" before you leave that page. What I do to learn something (or try to!) is open a new window on my screen with this forum. Then I have directions on one screen, and whatever I'm trying to do on the other, and I keep checking back and forth... which is what I did to be sure of these directions. xoxo

Marjorie,
Click on, General Discussion About ALS/MND
After you are there, look to your left. There is an oblong button that says, New Thread
Click on it and you are good to go.

Judy

Last edited:
Folks I don't want to hijack this thread but wonder if you could give me some advise. My mum has bulbar onset mnd. She is very determined as regards oral intake but even so we are down to a few spoons of oral intake a day. She has a peg so most nutricianal (sp?) needs are met that way. On a recent visit to dietician she suggested a multivitamin and multimineral supplement as she says the peg feed would not be complete. (Here peg feed comes in preprepared bags with fibre, protein etc pre decided). I have no experience of taking supplements and there are just so many out there. Is there any vitamin/mineral I should be avoiding? Or ensuring are in the supplement? Any ideas v welcome.

Thank you very much to all those helpful instructions. xxoo to all of you

Avril, I just saw your question. Here we have all purpose vitamins, like "One-a-Day" and "Centrum" which have a very large array of vitamins and minerals in one capsule. This thread (and we're on page 6) covers so many things. No one has all the answers, or there will be no more changes told us. I'd just use a standard capsule which is supposed to have it all... and not worry about the "what ifs".

Thanks Ann. We have the all purpose ones too, though I notice the contents vary a little. I'll start there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back