Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
US
State
PA
City
Small town
What have any of you used to provide trunk support while seated in a recliner? MyPALS Dave spends the majority of his time in his lift recliner. He has a moderate degree of right trunk (& head) lean which I try to adjust several times per day. Right now I have two sofa "throw pillows" wedged in along his right side and this does help. I ordered a long positioning support cushion from Amazon to try out. I imagine many others have had this dilemma & I would appreciate recommendations of things that have worked for you. Thank you:smile:

You can do some amazing things with Velcro.

Get foam wedges. Sticky back velcro can work wonders, even on vinyl.
And the farther he can recline will hold him in position.
Vincent

Thank you. I was wondering what you had in mind with the velcro Kim - velcro Dave in place!? (Just kidding, but the visual is kinda funny!). Vince, I purchased a half-moon, half circle kinda thing from Amazon. I was afraid it was going to be too long, but it's pretty nice. I am most concerned about Dave's neck because he cannot tolerate extension to allow his head to rest on the headrest of his power chair. I think I may have to spend some time trying to work the knots out of his neck and stretch him out; he's not going to be thrilled ........ I have adjusted the headrest on his Permobil (F3) several times but seem to be unable to move the headrest forward enough. He has one with the multi-positional stem, but I need to see if I can move it more forward (I have never been "mechanically minded" but I am learning).

I could not adjust my Permobil headrest to be far enough forward. I replaced it with one from Stealth, which works much better for me.

There are many styles and configurations available, so you should be able to find one that is comfortable.

Funny about necks. Both my RAV4 and Sienna push my neck too forward so I turned the headrests backwards. Probably not great if I get rear ended but it was hurting my neck. I've had neck issues for years.

Once the neck gets trigger point issues, it's very hard to correct and takes daily trigger point therapy and massage to work them out. It's probably much more difficult when the muscles weaken.

I'd like some practical detail on the all the things you can do with velcro :shock:

Me too Tillie (don’t know if you meant this as a joke, but you made me smile!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back