Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ladies, I'm doing better, thank you!!

I saw my chiropractor Wednesday and feel soooo much better physically. I'm back to walking and that alone helps.

Scared, enjoy your trip! It sounds lovely and I'm sure Steve's brother will good care of him.

Tillie, you are so right about the power of venting :)

Barbie, as you know, coming here works wonders.

Now I'm struggling, really struggling, wth Vince's last post. I understand needing to be alone to unwind, but what does a kiss on the cheek or quick hug cost? I am more than ever determined to be as loving as possible throughout this.

Good news, the Parkinson's Med is working and Matt's tremors are under control. Whew. He did some sanding yesterday on his version of an extra long transfer board (that's quite another story, but if making it makes him happy, so be it). I was amazed at what he was able to do. Yes, he's tired today, but not as tired as I expected. He was so excited and pleased with himself. He acknowledges that he'll never go back to woodworking, but the joy on his face over how he spent the day (or at least a few hours of it) was a joy to behold. His memory is terrible. I have to tell him over and over what we have on the schedule for each day, but I'm able to do it sweetly instead of with annoyance. I think that's a great sigh.

And I want to get to my sewing machine. I don't have time as there is much to do to prepare for the quickly approaching trip to Colorado, but it's nice to want to do it.

Thank you all. I can't imagine doing this without you.

Now, if only I could hug Vince.

Becky

I started taking zoloft a couple of months ago and it seems to be helping tremendously. I have motivation to do many things that I had not been motivated to do. I was very reluctant to take it but, I am glad I did.

So glad to hear you have surfaced again Becky xxx

I know what you mean about struggling with that thread. I won't post this there because I don't want to take the topic awry, but will reply to you on this.

My Chris with bvFTD exhibited the most shocking nasty behaviour towards me. Yet I would never have considered withdrawing physical affection from him.
If you can't do what you do with kindness then something is seriously wrong indeed.

What a wonderful thing for Matt to manage to do - I can only imagine his total joy.

Thanks for the update, and a big hug to you (now I want to hug everyone!)

I agree Tillie. Steve said some really hateful things to me the last 3 months or so. I still touched him, smiled, gently cared for him.

Good luck on your trip Becky!!! I hope you have a stressfree ti e and get to relax��

Becky,
Glad the chiro visit has helped!

A diabetic is always at higher risk for a heart attack, but the odds in a given year are still low. Without knowing all his numbers, I can't comment on his risk level (there's a calculator if you want one), but I guess what I'm saying is, targeting the trigs for reduction would be hard at the best of times and these aren't.

Also, the latest research far more implicates simple sugars and heavily-processed/fake food (which tends to hide sugar and chemicals) in strokes and heart attacks than anything else, so unless he chows down on candy, chips and cookies all day, there's absolutely nothing wrong with ice cream (brands/flavors like Breyers natural vanilla that have minimal chemicals/gums), eggs, butter and other whole foods.

82% dark chocolate is also officially a health food, as is caffeine, esp. in Parkinson's (in moderate quantities of both).

Oops - I just noticed your question, Becky. Sorry about that! I am lucky as my Mom and Dad are close by, so they could cover for my wife if necessary. Although I could probably survive a few days on my own (now that I have a Life Alert - embarrassing, but necessary!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back