Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy,

It breaks my heart to hear of your husband's progression. Let him know we're all pulling for him!

Hi Cat hope you are ok! I so feel for you I am with you even though we cannot see or speak to each other. I believe this disease has put us in the twilight zone, since December last year things have been like a spooky movie, you do not know when the evil boogie man will arrive & when he does we jump in fright !

We are close to our clinic appointment so are going to wait for March 9th, personally I think once there my husband should be admitted for a peg tube proceedure & not leave till it is done but we all know situations do not always go the way they think they will :0(

Cat ty for replying to me even though you have so much going on (((((((((((( big hugs to you and yours)))))))))))))) from Don & Kim

Cathy, I hope there's been progress made for Eric, and he's on the mend from a successful PEG or combo. Kim, My heart also goes out to you and Don...that he slows down and on March 9 the help will be serious and done without a wait. Praying for both of you and your husbands.
Ann

Your husband is in my prayers.. May God lift this from him so he can start eating and hopefully slow the progression... Have you tried ensure pudding or boost pudding.. that might help a little. Big hug to you..

I'm so sorry for you. Wish you the best.

We are in ICU still waiting on the PEG and trache. Good news is that after 3 days of IV fluids and nothing by mouth the aspirations have slowed considerably and he has some color back. They are saying now that the surgery will most likely be on tuesday. He has had no food by mouth since last Thursday but with Dr.s consult have waved off the feed by tube through the nose. It is nice to see him at least have the energy to smile a bit. They are taking good care of him and we are finally sleeping periods during the night rather than full time choking and suctioning. Already missing home but glad to be where he can be taken care of. We will keep you updated. Hope things work out well for the visit Pudge. Let us know and keep us posted.

Cathy, it's looking better for you guys! I'm so glad. I hope the next two nights bring even better sleep for preparing for the PEG and trache.

aw I am thinking of you both, you have challenging times but you are strong, I wish him a speedy recovery so you can come home to comfortable surroundings and normality, I will update you when we have been for appt ((((((((((hugs )))))))))))))))

I am so saddened to read your post and my heart goes out to you and your family. You do not deserve this, by any means. Stay strong and just express your love to the PALS and keep on doing what you need to. Somehow you will get through it. I pray you have faith that you will see him well again in the hereafter when there will be no more tears. I so wish I could find the right words to comfort. You have come here where you will find the nearness of others, but we are all in the same boat. I pray that this progression will level off for him.

Cathy glad you are getting some rest, and your husband is a little more rested too. Keep us posted. We all are pulling for you!

Just wanted to update everyone. Eric just came out of surgery and the trache and PEG are in place. The surgery went well. He is so undernourished though. My 6'3 guy was a full bodied 215 lbs last May. They weighed him yesterday as he has not been weighed since the 169 lb. weight in December and although I knew he had been steadily losing since then, I was shocked when they said a pitiful 147 lbs. He will hopefully be on meds and sleeping for a good period of time today. We have a long road ahead trying to get the nutrition back into him. Thanks for all the prayers and I will keep you updated as to the progress. We will be at the hospital for maybe a week or so but he seems to be in good hands. Good luck to everyone else with upcoming procedures and decisions.

Glad to hear things are in place relatively smoothly. Good news. Hopefully you can get some rest while he's out. How are things going at home now?

Wow... My thoughts and prayers are with you, your husband and family.

Hi Cat :0)))) I am so glad things are better, your husband's weight loss is huge, so shocking to you i'm sure, his peg tube was absolutely essential, thinking of you both.

That weight loss really is a shocker. I'm so glad to know he's out of surgery but will stay in the hospital for a bit. You need to get rested up, too! Prayers are with both of you, Cathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back