Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
DE
State
Hessen
City
Pohlheim
Greetings all you wise people, experienced people. I really don't know what to say, so long story short: My father was a victim of ALS and pass away in 2009.

I am a freelancer in IT as an Active Directory Consultant, or was until the morning of the 4th of August this year.

I had noticed that I could not keep up with the people I was walking with anymore. I could not walk faster, my legs would not follow instructions, they felt as if they didn't belong to me, I was worried but you tell yourself they is a bug and will go away, but then I started to kiss the ground, not willingly but I would just go down out of nowhere and have to pick myself up again, never hurt myself except my pride, so I got a kick scooter, passed them all up and got to work in 5 minutes instead of 20 minutes, but I was beat, out of breath , tired bushed whatever but I stopped the tumbles. No big deal until I noticed I had worms under my skin, I was waiting for the aliens to pop out or something like that, they haven't as of yet and there are many of them, all over, even my tongue twitches.

I have been to a clinic that specializes in ALS research and for 3 days they tested me from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet, electromagnetic, electro something other really not nice test, they ran electric impulses from the tips of my fingers to the bottom of my feet. Strange feeling tests, but CT MRT and I still need one more, I asked why so many tests and they stated that I was being tested for everything know to many and if now disease is discovered then I have ALS! So far I am healthy as a good horse, just these few problems that have not gotten better but worst and now I have real problems with talking clearly, a little nerving but I will adjust to the situation as I progress down this road. OK they took me aside and told me I had ALS there was nothing else wrong with me no tumors, cancer, diabetes, so on so forth.

So I am at the very beginning of this disease, ALS and in Germany, the healthcare is outstanding it is mandatory for all residing in Germany and everybody is covered. I have dental and health coverage, I as everybody else pays 50% (12% of our paycheck) and the company pays 50% and that is how the system is paid for. Only medications cost me 10 euros / prescription.

Is there anything I might have forgotten, speak up and I will do my best to fill in the blank spaces.

Be blessed.

hey osiyo, sorry about your father. also sorry your here on this web but sounds as if you belong in our family so welcome home and post often to let folks know how this nightmare is effecting you. later chally

Hi Osiyo, Welcome. Sory about your father. It does sound like you have a grip on the diagnosis and are very positive about your health care.
N

Osiyo, please accept my sympathy and sadness.

You're very welcome to post in the forum and we look forward to hearing about your experience with ALS.

Don't post in the "Do I have ALS" sub-forum. This sub-forum is reserved for people who are not diagnosed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back