Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I saw him on one of the news channels, looked like the cat that ate the canary...in an odd sort of way.

Still it was a weird decision to have Cutner suddenly commit suicide. It really came out of left field. I loved the character and was sorry to see him go but I am impressed that Kal Penn is working for the president. Good for him! They better keep Thirteen. She's my current fave.

Okay, that explains enough for me. If the producers would have wanted to bring his character back at some time in the future, I guess they would have written him a transfer to another hospital or clinic instead of writing him a death sentence.

anyone heard from Fred? he should have had his test by now.

Update 5/1/09

Hello all,

Well, they did the EMG/NCV test on Wednesday on my left leg and arm. It was normal. Which is a good sign, I think.

The doctor who ran the test said if there was an underlying muscular or neurological disease, such as ALS, there would have been some obvious abnormalities. Not entirely sure that's so, but I have to trust the Docs or I'm not going to get anywhere.

I had the MRI/MRA on yesterday but haven't received any results yet.

Symptoms persist: Most recently it's been muscles feeling tired quickly(predominantly on the left, somewhat on the right),sore ankles and popping joints, poor balance and widespread fasiculations. Yesterday I had one in my right bicep close to twenty minutes. Today I've had one in my left upper lip off and on.

The most bothersome issue of late is my throat. It feels like something is stuck in there or it's not as open as it should be. I'm not having any problems swollowing or talking, but I do get hoarse more than normal. Right lymph node still swollen. I think this may be a thyroid issue.

I have a follow up doctors appointment in a few weeks but am thinking I should get this throat thing checked out sooner.

I'll let post more when I know more. Thanks for everything, gang!

Fred,

Thanks for the update! The EMG report is very encouraging. I'm with you on getting the throat problems looked at and resolved as soon as possible. Good luck!

Zaphoon

Few questions...survey.
Any of you.....
.... live by a lake,pond?
Do you fish a lot?
Do you eat a lot of seafood?
Do you drink pure water?
Gulf veteran?
Athlete?
Lived in the tropics?
I am curious about your answers.
Thankyou
James

James, to answer your questions,

no
no
no
no - define pure
no
no
no

Barry

pure...bottled or distilled
I am curious on the effects of the above and what is in water ie algae.
Off topic: I will have info on the MDA laptop when it comes...most likely Monday
James

The Pure water is a very important Q. if not the most important.
J

Search online for... the institute for ethnomedicine .. which I found out recently is based in my hometown..and just visited with them.They are doing some exciting research and are coming up with some results and theories.I will be visiting them every couple weeks to see what they are up to.Their website will explain a lot about environment and how it affects us.
J

I'm a Gulf War vet and lived in the Republic of Panama for 2 years. I drink water filtered through a Britta water pitcher.

My answer to everyone is NO, except the water is YES.

The Institute for Ethnomedicine

Hi James, thanks for the tip for the institute for ethnomedicine. Some interesting stuff and ideas. I have only read some of the linked articles but what I have read is promising. I haven't seen the link between what I read and your questions but I agree with you that sporadic ALS is probably related to some environmental toxin that may work with a genetic predisposition to make us susceptible. Something in the food we eat or the water we drink, who knows?

And yes, please let me know what you get for a "talking computer" and how it works.

Barry

It is very very exciting what they are doing here in Jackson.I was surprised to say the least that the finest scientists in the world are working here in the mountains to help us.They mentioned,as I was there that they are working on antibodies for a rabbit i think that can get rid of the bmaa toxin.Also working on dolphin tissue.It was very unlifting as we walked and talked to Dr Cox and associates.
He said the gap in studies is finally coming their way and that Drs are paying attn now.I saydo not drink or take anything with spirulina in it.Ant blue green algae.I was back 4 months ago and luckily stopped even before I knew anything about algae.Read there articles,they are on many sites including the ALSA site.I will keep you all updated on news fromthem as I will visit them every 2 weeks or so.
There's hope!Always hope.It sends a chill down my spine thinking of who we have out there and thier positive attitude towards treating preventing ALS and other diseases.
james

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back