Status
Not open for further replies.
really well explained trfogey ... definitely like... than you

So then based on what trfogey wrote in posting 13 .. muscle loss without cramp, spasms and fasiculation could be old-age and/or lack of exercise driven atrophy, with presumably cleam EMG/NC? Loss of strength would be proportionate to muscle loss.

NO NO NO,were did trfogey say these symptoms could be related to old age?
anyone can get bfs(benign fasic syndrome)
anyone can get cramps,my son gets really bad ones in his calfs.
spasms can manifest in someone who has over worked the muscles like doing a marathon but with sustained spasticity it is due to disease.
in old age you do get muscle loss around jointsand obviously you get weaker as you get old.
BUT you can not say someone with all these symptoms are just suffering from old age.

So then based on what trfogey wrote in posting 13 .. muscle loss without cramp, spasms and fasiculation could be old-age and/or lack of exercise driven atrophy, with presumably cleam EMG/NC? Loss of strength would be proportionate to muscle loss.

LordJohn,

What I described in post #13 above is specific to what happens in motor neuron diseases. There are many causes of muscle loss, just as there are other causes for fasciculations and cramps. Those conditions have their own constellations of symptoms and processes of progression, and it is the entire picture presented in the patient's body that leads a physician to come to a particular diagnosis.

I'm not sure what you're driving at here, but speculation about the causes for your symptoms based on the last thing you read is a useless endeavor. All you are doing is confirming what we've said to you from the start -- there are other conditions that can cause your symptoms and many of them are treatable, so there's no need to become fixated on the possibility of having a terminal disease.

Give the doctors time to do their job. Life's too short to spend time learning in great depth about diseases you don't have and aren't likely to get. Once you have a diagnosis in hand, you'll have the time and focus to go get information that is useful to you and your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back