Status
Not open for further replies.
What she said.

I know right after my dx, I had thought about taking an early exit from life was in a dark place for acouple of months, especially in the anger and denial stage then comes acceptance. After getting past that period, one can still live a meaningful life, I try not to look too far into the future, but take things one day at a time.

my husband wanted to commit suicide early on...within 3 months of his diagnosis he threatened to throw himself off a balcony at a hotel. he as devastated and thought he had nothing to live for. thank god he didn't do it, and over time and with anti depression meds he was able to enjoy life again. He suffered 10 years with this shotty disease, and I don't know how he kept the smile on his face every day. I was humbled by his will to live and his joy at living.

I will say though that a few months before he died he told me he had a plan to commit suicide again. the problem was since he was 100% paralyzed it required me to put a bag over his head. not something I was willing to do!

I too have mulled this over and after considering all the more "traditional" ways, I would always decide to revisit the subject at some other point in time. I don't know why I never thought of the self/family administered morphine route. That would be the way to go if one was considering taking matters into their own hands.

I have to say that I am grateful for this forum. I never would have thought I could talk to anybody about this subject. I for one would be lost without the kind people on here.

CarolSue

CarolSue,
I agree with you about how helpful this forum is and how kind the people are.
Thank you forum users!!
Sue

Have been thinking of you Sue and glad to see you back here. Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back