Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TN
Hi there, reading the Pin really helped but I figure since I'm here I'll ask.

I'm a 33m and I started having some hand and arm weakness last month. I definitely have health anxiety so my first thoughts were definitely ALS but I'm having some consistent tingling in my pinky and ring finger and some occasional bicep pain. I read in the pin that these are pretty solid signs that it's not ALS due to these being sensations rather than failures, but there are two others that I'm curious about.

The muscle on the top of my thumb, the one between my thumb and index finger, is less obvious on my right hand, my dominant hand. Like it's pretty clear that it's smaller. Like I said, it's hasn't caused any failures, I'd know since I use my hands for delicate work all day. Also, today, I was holding a sandwich while I was eating lunch and my hand started trembling fairly obviously to the point where I had to set it down.

Thanks for reading folks!

Have you been to see a doctor with your concerns?

I have not yet, but it's on my list.

That is where you need to start. Make sure to read the Read Before Posting, as it covers this, along with sensory issues like tingling point elsewhere. Bodies are not symmetrical, so if you are worried about atrophy causing something to be smaller from one side to the other, a doctor can provide feedback on this as well.

Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back