Status
Not open for further replies.
Elise,

Sometimes having ankle and knee pain is simply because of a foot problem and this could be solved by using an orthotic in your shoe. See a podiatrist if you can.

ND

Elise - you are right. My Mum did start with pain in her right arm. Which is why I am on this board - because I too fear that I have it. But Mum also had quite a lot of weakness by then, which we had put down to her getting old. (63! - not very old) I am too scared to go to a neuro, but you have been, and you've been giving the all clear. You don't have it.

I have suffered a lot due to this and I really really don't want anyone to suffer.

Do you check the symptoms again and again? YES
Do you test the strength of legs/arms by doing particular actions like walking on toes, lifting things? YES
Do you walk very conciously feeling that you will trip? YES
Do you see everything that is happening to your body with great deal of sensitivity? YES

Your symptoms are so generalized that they cant be ALS.

You have obvious health anxiety disorder, obsession about health, especially fatal diseases.

If I tell you that your symptoms are similar to my onset of CIDP, then will you look up CIDP in google and be convinced in few hours that you have CIDP instead of ALS?

This does indicate that you need counselling and medication for your mind. Please don't worry. Take professional help.

Join some other forum, like photography, nature, blogging. There are so many good things in life.

Why keep thinking about deadly diseases and be compulsive?

Please come out of this and enjoy life. Its only once..

Take care..

I have to admit, I definitely do the above!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back