Occupy als let us try

Status
Not open for further replies.
>eh? what does NSA have to do with it...?

-----
took me a sec before I got it :). you would not want to know what I know about NSA and enterprise server tricks! :-(

There must have been something very timely about this thread as it's only Wednesday and it has weaved through my life twice already this week.

1. In a nameless Australian CALS group I spoke to a administrator about why a particular organisation was unwilling to seem connected to us (therefore letting their members know we exist). I said that I had been told - what if someone brought up the subject of suicide? Now I was so puzzled I can't explain it but during the discussion here I had an epiphany about the seriousness for a registered organisation with our laws. So ... I brought that up with one of the main admins of this group and was told - if a conversation on that started it would be shut down immediately as it is not appropriate. WOW I said I would try to remember this as I'm a bit dumb because I believe in free speech. I was told - no problem...

and now the really weird one today

2. I was shopping for something in Bunnings. The staff member was busy on a phone so I wandered over to a customer who looked like a tradie and asked a question about my choice. He answered then said oh hi Katrina. I had that awful moment of looking at him and thinking, oh dear I am supposed to remember you? He kindly filled in how he had known me through someone like maybe 15 or more years ago! (how he remembered my name is beyond me). As it turns out he does home repairs so I asked for his number in case I need someone for this and explained that my husband had just passed. He said yes I know (sigh rural living eh). Next thing the staff member was beside us and starts a conversation on assisted suicide and why it should be law here. I couldn't believe that we stood there, quite calmly in Bunnings having a deep discussion on this topic for at least 15 minutes.

That's it, probably not all that earth shattering but I found it all quite time zone-ish as I don't normally find myself in these conversations often, and interesting to have them both showing such different opinions.

Very interesting, so weird.

In the US, we don't talk about assisted dying very much or very well, mainly because religious people rule our land. It is legal in only 3 of 50 states.

It's not suicide. Suicide is an optional thing. Whereas, the disease is the reason for the dying, and the dying is not an option. It's needing assistance to die with dignity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back