Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope so! Glad you had a good night. Hoping for many more for you!

My husband takes Trazadone and Ativan at night to help him sleep. I think the thing that helped him the most was finally being able to use the Trilogy at night when the settings were finally optimized for him.

Sharon

Sharon - does your husband go to AGH or Presby for his clinic? Just trying to figure out if the difference in the meds is the physician. I am cooresponding with Brian's this morning. We see Dr. Rana at AGH.

Sue

Narrow, I so wish that I could convince our dog to sleep next to Matt. When she is within reach, his hand is on her and I can visibly see him relax. She's just not a big cuddler. Now he wants a second dog: so that he has a friend and, I think, in the hopes that the second dog WILL cuddle. I'm about ready to cave IF we can find one that gets along with Heidi and will snuggle with papa.

Nuts - he slept between his feet at the bottom of the bed. That's his usual spot when he does sleep with him, however it's not consistent. I wish it was. Not sure about another puppy deciding that they always want to sleep with your husband. Would be awesome though. Thinking about buying DH a teddy bear, kind of same concept, now just have to figure out how to make it feel warm, so it feels real. :)

If you warm the bed, a cat will want to spend a lot of time there. A puppy might as well.

Sue, my husband goes to the UPMC ALS clinic and sees Dr. Lacomis.

Sharon

Well my dog didn't sleep with my husband last night and he didn't sleep well again. Today when I got home I went out for 2 hours and I'm still very tired. Usually I'll have 1 cup of coffee in the morning. Today I treated myself to a SB Grande Mocha (contains 2 shots of Espresso, not to mention the sugar) and it had the opposite effect.

leglb - No offence to the cat people but DH does NOT like cats, however it is a thought for the dog. Actually he (the dog) slept very tight to me last night, unusually so.

Pghgal - Thanks for the tip. Seems it's one or the other here.

Still trying to figure this all out.

Sue

I don't believe that buying a puppy for a PALS will work out quit like one might hope. Dogs are "PACK": animals and will be more likely to bond with the pack leader. A PALS, unable to move and often attended to by another would probably not be considered the pack leader by the dog. A cat, however, is more likely to want to curl up with the person who isn't up and down as often and who won't bother them as much with petting. These are my observations ... both for the dog we own and for my son's cat who has come to visit multiple times...

Jim

I probably should not post this, as I may jinx something, however we have had 2 good nights. Here is what I am thinking has made the difference - his Tobii. On Thursday the speech therapist came back out and we got a switch that works well for him and makes him happy. Both days he spent an hour or two working with the Tobii. I'm thinking it was enough to tire him mentally that he slept. I kind of felt it was connected to him being bored, but no way to really quantify that. We will see as time goes by if this is what actually helps. Just wanted to update all the helpful people here.

Sue

I'm touching a block of wood while saying a quiet hooray!

You could be right - if he gets to exercise his mind well, it may allow him to sleep well. I can see you encouraging him to use that tobii as much as he can tolerate :D

Update: So far, so good with the Tobii exercising his mind and him sleeping. As we know with this disease things change all the time. For now it's for the better - he's sleeping, so I am sleeping. I can't ask for more than that right now. So if your PALS is having trouble sleeping, see if you can engage their mind if everything else is ok.

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back