Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow; I have had this for about two weeks now. No sickness or anything, just a blocked left ear. I thought it was one weird symptom I was getting that I didn't have to worry about ALS for. Crap.

The reason I am on this site today is because I woke up with a super weak right arm. It has gotten better, but it still does not feel right at all.

Hi Andy. I am by no means an ALS expert, but I believe that if your weakness is getting better, that definitely points away from ALS. See if you can get into an ENT and get your ears checked out.

Thank you Michelle. I am the first to admit, if what I have is ALS, it would be a very unusual case. I'm just trying to figure out what else causes progressive weakness, minor atrophy and diffuse and focal fasciculations. Last night when I woke up the weakness in my arm was profound, but now it just feels heavy and easily fatigued.

My PCP checked out my ear and said it looked fine other than a small amount of fluid, but if it stays like this maybe I'll see an ENT. I was generally surprised to find this symptom on the als boards today.

Also Michelle, I should let you know that I had terrible jaw fatigue as well almost two years ago. It took months to go away, but it has not returned since. Who knows what it was, but what you and I both experience may be completely unrelated to any neurological problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back