Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Arkansas
City
Little Rock
Hello Everyone,

My boyfriend was recently diagnosed with ALS, but he had shown classic symptoms for well over a year. We were ready for the diagnosis, but it was still a heartbreaking moment for us. I am feeling better most days however, I do have moments when I realize he may not be with me in the next few years. We can't really tell if he is progressing fast or slow. He seems to have some speech slurring that has started the last few months and is staggering to walk some times. His symptoms started in his left hand and then progressed to fasiculations down the left leg and then across his abdomen to the right side of his body.

Oh well, I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I hope to receive lots of support from this group.

--Chewy

Welcome, Chewy. Thanks for introducing your boyfriend to us. You'll get plenty of support here.

Sorry to be welcoming you here. I do believe you will find a lot of support, just search and ask whatever you need :)

Welcome & sorry.

Btw, none of us expected to be here! 8^)

Hi, Chewy,
Sorry you find yourself here, and welcome. Post any more specific questions/comments whenever you feel like it.

Best,
Laurie

So sorry to hear of your boyfriends dx. You have found a great place for support.

Sorry to welcome you to this board, Chewy...
But it's good not to be alone in all this...

Sorry you're here, Chewy. There are lots of helpful, kind people here to help.

Hi Chewy, very happy to meet you but sad that it is here. Make your self at home and join in the conversations. ( is that the right term ? I don't know. )
Al

Sorry to welcome you. You'll find lots of helpful and supportive people here.

Ed

Chewy, I hate that you have to be here as well as everyone else. This forum has been a lifeline for Steve and I. It is a home of support, care and answers to questions.

There will be good days, bad days and days where you feel like you are breaking. No matter how tough it is try to come here for support.
You don't have to post or read anything you don't want to. That's perfectly ok here. We will always surround you with hugs and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back