Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NM
City
Rio Rancho
January 2022 started with symptoms. In order, shortness of breath, hand pain, nightime sweeting, frequent urination, dizziness, extreme fatigue, muscle weakness not failure, brain fog, clumsiness, heart palpitations, snoring.
Had EMG normal, carpoltunnel both hands.
Today, still experiencing some symptoms, pains in both feet, shoulder pain and neck popping.
Does this sound like ALS?

Hi Arron-

Please make sure to read here: Read Before Posting. It explains why your symptoms do not add up to ALS/MND. A clear emg also supports this. You will have to keep working with your doctors to figure out what is going on.

Please take care.

Stay on one thread
Jan 2022 I started with some weird symptoms. In order hand pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, digestion problems, wright loss due to diets clean eating, heart palpitations, joint poping, extream fatigue. Body aches, muscle fatigue, excessive bedtime sweating, foot pain, bad sleep, neck pain, lower back pain and nightime urination frequency. Maybe I missed some small symptoms but these are my biggest complaints. Extensive blood work, EMG, MRI's spine and brain, gastroenterologist with camera upper/lower, ecogram, rheumatologist and nothing. Symptoms never go away, some days better then others but always there.
Have had muscle spasms but rare, no issues with tongue or swallowing, no stiffness in limbs.
I do get sleep jolts at night, my sleep has never been very good, toss and turn all night.

See the comment by Shiftkicker. We aren’t going to say anything different

Some updates. Muscle twitching has increased. Whole body, legs arms, chest. Shoulders, eye and ear. Muscle fatigue still, body sore. I asked for another emg. Any ideas?

Why would you have another EMG when you don't show or have ALS? Don't take valuable resources from those who need it. You will not believe the results, anyway.

Thank you. I guess I'm just confused with symptoms of als. If I look at symptoms, let's say mayo clinic. They seem like mine. I k ow what real people experience compared to what doctors say are different, I guess I just wanted to be sure. Thank you for your time and reply.

The symptom lists are very general, really. What a doctor and tests ferret out is the combinations of issues, their onset, duration, triggers, order of appearance, how they look electrically, etc. You can't write about all that in bullet points.

Suppose I said about pro football: there's a quarterback, tight end, placekicker...the object is to score points...it's played in a stadium...the field is marked with lines...etc. All of this is true, but you would not know how the game is played and therefore you would not be able to tell if/when you are actually looking at a football game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back