Status
Not open for further replies.
So nice you could go to the Zoo with the kiddos. Still in my prayers Kay

Hugs

Sending love and hugs your way, Kay.

pretty bummed today. It seems I've outlasted my hospice nurse. How often do you think that happens l??

she was wonderful., understand understood me and my needs. I cried when she told, me,

hate to start over with new nurse. I do understand she took new position to be with her young chdw

children more

so sorry Kay, I'm hoping hard that your new nurse will be totally awesome, just like you deserve xxxx

Let’ s hope the new nurse is a nice person
Hugs

Praying for you Kay. Praying for a nurse who is better than you could ever dream of.

Hugs

Very sorry, Kay. Hoping you find a new gem.

Best,
Laurie

Every time I lost an aide,,nurse helper a better one come along.

Hope this happened to also Kay

Love ya

new hospice nurse OK. I like to be in control of my health decisions so she will have to get used to that!

had scariest episode yet last night as they were getting me settled in chair. Big mucous plug blocking airway but they thought I was just uncomfortable in chair. Couldn't make a sound. My sister even said let me finish this soup and I'll help !

caregiver figured it out bent me forward and pounded My back. Then straight to cough machine. First attempt didn't work since airway blocked. Finally got thru and even laughed about sisters soup Comments later.

upped dose of prescription Mucinex and all is thinned out today,. Very scary at the time.!!

Oh so glad you are ok. You need some kind of back up plan. If you can make a signal that means emergency that would be great. If you only have one way of indicating a need everyone needs to be taught to ask is this an emergency?

Your sister must feel terrible!

Kay,

Thank goodness you had a caregiver that was so in tune with you and knew what to do. So happy you're ok.

My husband had some pretty scary plug events and found that in addition to Musinex , increasing his fluids helped a lot. Kate

Kay,

Please do what Nikki suggested.
I'm sure you'll get the new worker trained!
Thinking about you each day.

wow too scary!

I agree with Nikki about having some signal, and that everyone get used to asking - is this an emergency. whew, glad you are laughing to tell such a tale xxx

Glad you made it through that episode Kay. I admire that you could laugh about your sister’s comment later.
Fingers crossed for no more scary stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back