Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome "Little Mark" you'll find this is a good place to be. I sure got a warm welcome when I joined. Sorry you have to be here but since you are a big WELCOME!

Lynne

Welcome little Mark, I never saw anyone get a nickname so fast, good attitude is a must, what choice do we have? This a good place for information or just to blow off some steam.

Janie

Thanks for the welcome.
'Little Mark' huh? At 6' 2" and 210 pounds I've never been called little before, but ok. :)

Thanks for the welcome.
'Little Mark' huh? At 6' 2" and 210 pounds I've never been called little before, but ok. :)

That's pretty good sized, Little Mark, but I think Big Mark still has you beat.

Little Mark welcome, I missed wishing you a happy Birthday. I only pop in to whine on the pity party thread over in the CALS section, tell your Mrs to come join us, we got big shoulders around here.

hehe, Little Mark fits you here, we all re define our lives with this disease so it seems, gives us all a reality check I think. Somehow it makes me smile to have a big guy find himself tagged as the little guy ;) something fun you never would have imagined eh? you got bad news for your birthday, but you got a new name and a great new family that will help you and understand you through this mess!
Besides Big Mark has the corner on the market for big around here, Large an in Charge .... Quantity and Quality!

>Besides Big Mark has the corner on the market for big around here, Large an in Charge .... Quantity and Quality!

hah!

Ass too small ...

Attachments

• CART.jpg
    CART.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 155
Hi Maybe 'Mark 2' would be more appropriate. I am new here as well. My sweet wonderful sister, Jill 59 yrs old was just diagnosed June 25, 2014 by the Forbes Norris MDA/ALS Research Center in San Francisco, Ca. I was visiting her for the whole summer in AK. I left Oct, 2013 and she was fine. Only she lost her speech and her ability to swallow in a few months. This news has been devastating to me. I seem to cry several times a day. Since we can only text back and forth fortunately she doesn't now. I admire your attitude as well as everyone on this forum. My sister is not here yet but either she will find it or when the time is right I will refer her to it. She will be getting her stomach tube and pacemaker soon. I am praying they will find a cure soon for all of you! God Bless you and your family.

Welcome Mark sorry you have to be here. I am 60 and was also in great health my whole life, that doesnt seem to matter with this disease though.
I hope you have many years left with slow progression. My Dr told me the ones who last the longest are usually those with the better attitudes. God bless.

Neil

>Besides Big Mark has the corner on the market for big around here, Large an in Charge .... Quantity and Quality!

hah!

Ass too small ...

MAX....please don't rain on my parade:shock:

Attachments

• 4ee7ee00-246f-430f-9b84-d2213965aef5.jpg
    4ee7ee00-246f-430f-9b84-d2213965aef5.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 326
Welcome Little Mark or Mark2.

Think most of us were in some sort of denial or maybe just behind the learning curve. Stay odd ladders even short ones, ask me how I know and do contact your local PVA, they are enormously helpful. Joining others here to thank you for your service.

Sherry

>do contact your local PVA

ditto, that -- Mark this is very important!

OK stupid question and not at all related to the topic but how do you get the emoticons to work. When I click on a smiley face I get this :). Yes I know that means smiley face but how do I actually get the emoticon? Besides-takes our minds off the obvious.

well never mind! doesn't show up in the text but does show up in the post.

>well never mind! doesn't show up in the text but does show up in the post.

:p -- very few work, tho :-(
;)

Hi Azwxman! Welcome aboard. For slowing down or even temporarily halting your fasciculations you might try rubbing cocoany oil on the affected areas. It sure works for me.
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back