More Bad News

Status
Not open for further replies.
sadandconfused and Joni, giving you each a hug and am praying for you as you battle on.

Ann xoxo

Thanks Ann! Big hug to you today Too! (((HUG)))

Well the doctor said Bruce's dad's tumor was too big and deep to do surgery. They have decided at 83 years old to do radiation to try and shrink it. Of courseif it was my dad don't know if I would want him going through it, but that was his sister's decision.

so sorry life seems to be so unfair at times

Sending my prayers your way. Getting old is no fun. Why do they call these the golden years? There is so much sorrow and pain.
We can only support one another and you've come to the right place for that.

Mother in law is at the emergency room now, oh my gosh too too much happening!

Oh dear. I can imagine it's all getting too much. I know how you feel. My thoughts are wish you and your family Joni. Sounds like our years are not getting off to a very good start. I can't believe it's only Feb and 3 emergencies for us already as well. At least this time it's not me for once! Thinking of you

Aly

Joni- so sorry this is happening. Try to stay calm and breathe. Shit, cry too, while youre at it.
I know i havent been here much lately, but i think of you daily and will continue to pray for your family.
wish there were more i could do.

Oh Joni, my post read so wrong! I was not meaning that I was glad it was you going thru this and not me. I was meaning that the 3 emergencies in MY family was not me for once, but other family members. It sounded so horrid. I hope my poor Writing has not offended you. I am so glad I saw my awful mistake.

Liz so glad you are OK. Been missing you.

Aly

Haha Aly I never payed attention to how it read, I knew what you meant. I do not get offended easily.:) Ruth you are so right...life is unfair a lot of times.Marjorie thanks so much for the prayers. Liz I am just glad you are back here with us! I know you would do more if you could, and I am too tired to cry...

Joni, some times you have all you can handle...It's great Bruce has a sister. I hope you can "delegate" his parents to her and concentrate on Bruce and of course, your cleaning jobs... gotta have money.

Aly, for the record, it never occurred to me you were speaking of anyone but your family. I know of two emergencies, and hope the third wasn't anything horrible. Hmmm.

Love you all... and "old age isn't for sissies" is probably the norm rather than "the golden years".

I have good news. Ahem. I ate and enjoyed dark chocolate tonight; it tasted positively glorious. If it were worthy of Pub comment I'd have put it there.

Ann, daughter, mother, husband! Have just spent all afternoon at Drs with hubby. Back got worse and he was developing rapid onset of weakness in a leg. Rushed him to an anesthetist and we have just got back. He had an epidural with long acting steroid. He is due to go skiing in Switzerland with his brother in 3 weeks. He is determined to get better hmmmm.....Drs as patients......not very patient.

My dad went through the radiation therapy and it worked for him. He had 10 treatments and because of his age they did this also. It worked and my dad got his life back. It is a very safe thing to go through. I hope and pray he will go through with it.

Aly, sorry--brain fog. I forgot your mother's broken near the shoulder arm--forgive me. You all who are going through a time of parent's illnesses and injuries have my empathy. It's so tough, and the only thing that helps is having responsible siblings to help when you can't. I experienced that in the fall of '09--being mentally wrapped up with my mother's illness and talking daily with Dad. It now seems rather dreamlike because my body was doing some painful stuff at the time.

Aly. Skiing. Oh, my.

We rant and rave with our issues dear Ann, you have far more difficulties day to day, yet you continually pour out your love. What a bright star, what a treasure you are. I pray for you everyday, you are the one person I never forget!

How I wish I could meet you. I am sure there would be a glow around your house.

Aly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back