• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

Memorial day

Status
Not open for further replies.
In memory of my dear Ray... who was and still is my whole heart. In my darkest days, Ray was the only one who could help me, now he is gone. But a strange thing is happening- i am changing. I am not so scared of the little things anymore. Im finding more courage. My heart has not closed off to others who need my love. And i believe with all of my being, that this is still the work of my dear sweet Ray.

I was having a conversation with a friend of mine on the phone in the same room as Ray, just a few days before he died. It was a really deep conversation about life and taking chances. I told my good friend that she's just GOT to fight for what she wants. i didnt want to see her end up like me... full of anxiety and too afraid to do anything. I let my fears stop me from really living. i saw that Ray was listening and I think that conversation stuck with him. He looked at me like he was so proud for what i had just said to my friend.
This conversation also stuck with me...and still does. The thing that makes it really neat, is that when Ray died, a LOT of my anxiety vanished. I did things Ive never done before. i was nervous, but i wasnt scared. I think this was Rays gift to me.

So, I would like to thank Ray, for bettering my life, even in death. I love you Jug. Always.

To my wonderful sweet and amazing Mom, I miss you so much but I know I couldn't keep you here with me forever. I love you and I know you are watching over us.

Dana

Annie, MTpockets, Beach Bum, Joel, Barry, Richard, so many who finished strong. Been thinking a lot about my local support group - Elaine Eno, Bob Gorman, Adolfo Bertelli, Pete Fennesey, all finished the fight, all finished well

A few years ago, Bob and I went to an Il Divo concert and ended up liking the opening artist, William Joseph, better! I love you my husband and I'll never forget that night.

In honour of my husband, Robert John Hudson, who passed away on 17 August, 2011. Diagnosed with ALS on 08 November, 2010.

Last edited:
Remember Ratman? And Jeffp? I still hear from there wives on F zB occasionally

The very first person who 'embraced" me here and made me feel at home was hand in hand (Linda), when she lost her battle I was extrmely heart broken.

When KatieC's Glen died my heart was crying. Same with Missy's Terry. Brooksea'd Don, and now Kelly's Andrew. All were such vibrant strong men who had so much to live for. You live on through your beautiful wives and wonderful children. Peace and HUGS

Also our Annies Phil, Atsugi, and Pepsiman. Your wives were inspirations and your continued presence on the forums is a testsment to the love of your wives. Thank-you

Last edited:
phils wife ann was such an inspiration to me,hand on heart she was the most caring wonderful person i have ever met..........an angel on earth.

I think the ones that have broke my heart the most, were the ones that first welcomed me here, and made me feel less crazy, and more like I finally found a home when I was lost.

I will never forget:

<3 BarryG ~ Barry <3

<3 rchalrton ~ Richard <3

<3 Abbas Child ~ Annie <3

<3 Phil's Wife ~ Phil <3

Each of you were amazing, and I miss what you brought to this forum and can only imagine how awesome it would have been to get to know you in person.

Thoughts and love to each of your precious families.

Dedicated to the Memory of all our Beautiful friends gone on before us...We Love you and will miss you all so very much....................

http://youtu.be/LQeM3YCQh6s

When I first came on here, I was in such a "sensory overload" time trying to deal with my sister's diagnosis. It would be remiss if I didn't remember all the advice that Annie and Barry gave to me on things to help my sister to be comfortable. In honor of my father-in-law, my sister, and to all those who have won the victory, thanks for all your love to us and for the lessons of love that were learned. Prayers to all the CALS and families who have lost loved ones, and to those still in the fight. I hate ALS, but I know that I am a better person having had to deal with its effects. It has made me a much more compassionate and loving person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back