Diagnosis
03/2022
Country
UK
State
LO
City
Hounslow
Hello, I'm based in the UK, and I've just joined this forum after reading the helpful and informative posts within the community. My mum was diagnosed with ALS almost 2 years ago. She is mostly confined to a wheelchair now, but lately her symptoms are progressing fast and she's just developed breathing problems since the last 5 days. I'm currently researching some supplements, and wondered if someone could kindly recommend probiotics containing the specific bacterial strain L. rhamnosus HA-114, and where to purchase them? Many thanks!

Hi Nikki,
Thanks for your message. Yes I've read this thread but wasn't able to find the HA-114 product from Lallemand Health Solutions. Wondered if there was any update/if anyone has managed to find the product or any suppliers since the last thread? I've also been unable to find the recommended probiotic D.L Duo Dophilus by Douglas Laboratories as it seems to be out of stock. Wanted to see if anyone might have found a probiotic with the HA-114 strain that is available on the market and can be purchased/shipped into the UK?

Try this product via Amazon

Ultimate Probiotic 12/12 Formula by Natural Factors

This is the best one I was able to find but only sporadically here in Canada.

Attachments

• 444D5CCD-BBAA-45DA-89C3-5BEDDE47F158.jpeg
    444D5CCD-BBAA-45DA-89C3-5BEDDE47F158.jpeg
    329.7 KB · Views: 49
I tried two bottles of DL and saw no improvement

Somewhere on here is a post by an ALS patient, who, like me, tried to buy through Lallemand. Lallemand's response was they are strictly a wholesale company, selling only to businesses. At one time there was a list on here of about 4 companies who did include HA-114. If you go back to the article, there's a picture of one company who I have bought from. In addition, my neurologist at Providence Neurological in Portland, Oregon, USA, showed me a communication from Dr. Bedlack, Duke University, who spoke somewhat approvingly of astaxanthin. I believe clinical trials may be forthcoming.

Thank you very much for the helpful suggestions. I've written to Lallemand and they said the same and mentioned the above supplements which contain some of the HA-114. I do appreciate the information you kindly shared about Astaxanthin, and will do some research, and look into brands/supplements and dosage etc. I'd also welcome any recommendations, as I'm currently exploring supplements for my mum.

Moreover, my neurologist told me last week that the new drug for familial ALS, toferson, has improved ALS symptoms for some patients!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back