Status
Not open for further replies.
Tillie you are one amazing lady! When you think you have it bad someone has it worse, just like Max said. The one thing about this forum is we draw strength from one another. It's amazing the family we have become.

Debbie

Tillie, I got tired just reading about all your troubles. You really deserve that holiday in Darwin. Just relax and enjoy whatever you do in the outback and come back here and tell us all about it.

sorry Rose, I tried to make it brief, it made me tired to read back before hitting submit!

I will have my computer with me as if any clients need something I will be able to log into their systems for them. They know I'm away, but I wouldn't leave them without something urgent. They are all long term enough clients to be polite and not ask for anything unless urgent.

So I just may post some choice pics along the way :)

@Max, yes slow down mate, October is close and much QOL and fun to be had yet :)

I have been assured if I need quiet time I can do my own thing at times too. Of course I intend to do as much of the fun stuff as possible, but it will be strange to suddenly be one of 4 people 'on holiday' when I'm so used to staying on my quiet little property as much as possible. I'm determined to just 'go with it' and let a holiday unfold. Will be kind of nice to let others just make decisions and go along.

>sorry Rose, I tried to make it brief, it made me tired to read back before hitting submit

I wasn't talking about the length, I was referring to the content. You are a very generous woman, Tille.

You remind me of my mom, Tillie. She is also very generous and has a lot to deal with (me with ALS, dad with kidney cancer, my brother is an alcoholic schizophrenic depressed mess), and loves to laugh. Great that you're getting away! Enjoy Darwin. I've been watching a lot of National geographic wild lately, which it feels like is all about Australia n crocodiles. Watch out for salties!

@rosec - yeah I was trying to keep the length down a bit as the content was hard enough without all the length lol

@adozi - you can call me mum if you like ;)

I'm excited to think I'm going to get to see one of those national geographic stories myself! I promise to be very very careful of the salties, but I better see some of them fairly close up!

>I'm excited to think I'm going to get to see one of those national geographic stories myself!

When leaving? How long? itinerary?

>I'm excited to think I'm going to get to see one of those national geographic stories myself!

When leaving? How long? itinerary?

We fly out from the Gold Coast on Thursday morning (will be sometime Wednesday for you guys). It's about a 4 hour flight.

Staying for 2 weeks, so back Aug 14.

Itinerary - um have a holiday? I do know the plan is to stand in the driveway on arrival Wednesday evening (we are all staying at one house the night before so we are ready to leave together) and all scream "we are on HOLIDAYS". After that ...

Truly, I have no idea of real details once we arrive. I'm going with 2 other people, and staying with a friend of theirs that lives in Darwin. He is taking a week off work, so we will have a local guide for half the time. I know we are going to do the Crocodile tour since it's my first time up there, some fishing, there is the military museum and one about cyclone Tracey.

It's an interesting experience as I'm just kind of putting myself in the hands of others who have been there before, and going along and will let it unfold. Kinda nice not to be the one to have to organise everything, I just have to pack!

well better yhan tx ...

oday
Jul 28 Mostly Sunny 89°F

Tue Jul 29 Sunny 89°
Wed Jul 30 Sunny 89°
Thu Jul 31 Mostly Sunny 88°
Fri Aug 1 Mostly Sunny 91°

sounds like a blast!

Tillie you deserve for someone to take care of YOU! Just pack your bags put on a big smile and enjoy yourself.

Debbie

Hi everyone. Gosh Tillie, your rant had me in tears but was heaven sent. I am way over in South Africa so only get to read your messages after the fact, but it does me the world of good to touch base every Monday morning to see if anyone has posted tips that will help me help my husband. This morning I was feeling overwhelmed at what is and what is still to come. Your post has made me feel that it is possible to get through this. I still don't know how, but if you survived so can I. I am so very sorry that you were hit with another crisis so soon after losing your husband. Well done for having the strength to make the decision to find a place for your brother to live. He will be more comfortable there in the long run and you will still be able to be there for him, just not 24/7. I hope you have a wonderful holiday in Darwin full of laughs, peace and happiness - steer clear of those crocs!

I'll tell them all just after we squeal 'we are on holidays' in the driveway (IDK but apparently it's something they like to do, so I'll go along), oh and my family have said you have to make all the difficult decisions, I'm all packed.

Actually I'm just finally writing lists of what I need to pack tomorrow and getting that feeling that I'm going to forget something really important ... all part of the fun I guess.

Poppies, I can't tell you what your post now meant to me. I do gain a lot of support here, just as I try to give it. I do believe strongly that venting out how things are for each of us actually gives support to others. Imagine trying to do this alone, no one else who understands, either as a PALS or CALS? How isolating and terrifying would it be? Just knowing sometimes, that others are bumbling through, and feeling all the things you are feeling, can give us the strength to bumble into another day.

I've done my last full day of working now before I go play with the crocs! Just a bit of finishing up stuff tomorrow, house sitters arriving to get well acquainted. It's racing up now woohoo!

Max for us we would say it'll mostly be around 32 or 33°C ;) At the moment we've been getting top temps of around 22 - 24°C. But it's the night temps that will make the big difference - they are getting lows of around 21 - 22°, we have been getting lows of 8 or less ... yay, no daggy winter clothes, back into the summer gear!

>Max for us we would say it'll mostly be around 32 or 33C

I have some friends who live west of the Gold Coast where it gets up in the 40's with no wind -- stifling

sending hugs and strength...+ Enjoy your break....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back