• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

It's over, my father-in-law has passed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang in there Suezette. I'm very sorry for your loss. My wife passed on November 23, 2009. I think of her every day (many, many times a day, actually). It's only in the last week or two that I've been slowly starting to feel alive again. For me it was just a numbness. I've got four kids and I've been trying to do the right thing (whatever that is) but I'm still having trouble just dealing with my own emotions. I talk about it, with whomever will listen, and that helps, but ultimately I think time is the only real solution. I'm slowly coming to some sort of acceptance, I'm sure you will too. Some will say reach out to others, for some it's religion, for me it was time alone to think about her, us, our kids and what it all means in the end. I still don't know, but I'm beginning to find some peace, I hope you do as well.

Sincerely,
Dick Millet

Hi Dick, Glad to hear the you are beginning to find some peace. Everyone has their own ways to deal with things. You just have to find the one that works for you. Your wife was a very special person and if we miss her, we know it is way worse for you and your kids! The first year is the hardest. Hang in there.
Colleen

So sorry for your loss. Give your husband a hug from all of us!
Kari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back