Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalvin - sorry to hear about that big drop in your fvc. I have told people to stay away if they're sick or think they're coming down with something. I was also careful to avoid crowded places during the flu/cold season (I always get a flu shot).

Max - I'm doing the top 5 vitamins you mention as advised to me by Dr Appel. Well, I'm not taking Centrum for men :). I also take a B-12 each morning & 10 mg of melatonin at night to help with sleeping. I'm not a good sleeper - never have been - and I spend some nights fighting with my bi-pap mask.
Dianne
Oh - and happy anniversary!

>`Grats! And I hope many more. 8^)

hah! but thanks :)

Thanks Anne -- my great grandparents were from Ayrshire. Never been to Scotland, but my sister, mother & aunt visited Glasgow in the mid 1980's. My sister-in-law is also from Scotland.
Dianne

>Max - I'm doing the top 5 vitamins you mention as advised to me by Dr Appel. Well, I'm not taking Centrum for men . I also take a B-12 each morning & 10 mg of melatonin at night to help with sleeping.

Good, Dianne -- I am now a believer. And at any sign of a respiratory issue, get to Dr. Holland!

The stuff she had Sandy put in that mist thingy has my hands shaking and my heart pumping :-(

>Oh - and happy anniversary!

:) thanks!

happy anniversary Max. I was sad to hear about your respiratory infections Max and Dalvin. With all the other things we have to worry about now catching cold too and not recovering?
I tend to get bronchitis every October hate to think my fvc will be permanently affected

>happy anniversary Max.

thanks! hot date tonight ...

>I was sad to hear about your respiratory infections Max and Dalvin. With all the other things we have to worry about now catching cold too and not recovering?

I am developing great respect (fear) in stuff I never thought of before.

Dalvin are you breath stacking?

Max, some. With the emphazyma and scar tissue in my lungs it gets painful if I push too far though. Scar tissue is from aspirating a few years ago. Doc never did explain what caused it. Think I know now though

>Scar tissue is from aspirating a few years ago.

my biggest fear -- as soon as this pneumonia is cleared, I am going to push hard with stacking every two hours -- HARD. Some say we can get our fvc back. worth trying anyway :)

OK I'll bite-what is breath stacking?

".....And at any sign of a respiratory issue, get to Dr. Holland"

I love Dr Holland! I'm nearly 700 miles from Houston, so I have a local pulmonary doc here - at Dr Holland's insistence. They have some differing views but my local neurologist (who is a friend of Dr Appel's) trusts him. There are only 2 here I can see - and they are in practice together.

Do you ever go to the quarterly clinics Dr Appel has?
Dianne

>OK I'll bite-what is breath stacking?

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=breath stacking

Stacked breathing, also known as breath stacking, is a specialized type of exercise that typically caters to people who have respiratory difficulties, but also benefits athletes and virtually anyone looking to improve their lung capacity and breath control during exercise. Practiced regularly, breath stacking produces numerous benefits for athletes.

Technique

To perform stacked breathing exercises, simply sit on the edge of a chair or bed, keeping your back straight and shoulders relaxed. Take a small breath, focusing on filling the base of your lungs, and hold for a second. Without exhaling, take in a larger breath and hold for one more second. Finally, take a big breath that fills your lungs as much as possible and hold for three to 10 seconds. Purse your lips and exhale slowly.

We were looking into those "I've fallen and can't get up" devices, ran out of time for us, but they do have an option that registers if left horizontal too long in case you fall alone and can't hit the button yourself!

Dalvin - sorry to hear about that big drop in your fvc. I have told people to stay away if they're sick or think they're coming down with something. I was also careful to avoid crowded places during the flu/cold season (I always get a flu shot).

Very good idea! I think..no, I know this is what got Hayden in the end. We were trying to do as much as possible together, keep things normal. Last trip out was to an Asian street/food fair. We had a blast til he fell in a public washroom and we rolled in germs for 20 minutes. He was gone just over a week later..

:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back