Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
TR
State
TR
City
Kayseri
First of all, greetings. I am grateful to you in advance for spending time with me. I have read the preliminary information text, but I am very worried. If you answer my questions, I will probably be a happier person. I turned 20 20 days ago. I have been feeling strange and tired for 3 months. I have started twitching for 3 months. I can say that it is mostly in my left arm. I can also say that it is in my left arm. I also experience slight pain when lifting heavy weights. Do you also experience pain in your arm when lifting heavy weights? I had an emg scan 2 months ago, I can upload it if you want. Besides, my high patella reflex really scares me. Thank you in advance for your answers. (sorry for google translate :)

Hello and sorry you have been experiencing health issues. Pain and twitching can mean many things, as well feeling tired. Your clean emg means your symptoms are caused by something other than ALS. It sounds like you are working with a doctor already- what have they recommended as next steps?

They say I'm under unnecessary stress because of my age. But I don't know, the twitches are mostly local and using the left arm gives me more trouble. Also the twitches are so intense I don't think I will feel comfortable until I ask for another emg. I want to ask you the following.

-Many people diagnosed on the forum experienced symptoms 1 year ago. Does it progress so slowly in most people?

-How frequent is twitching in diagnosed people?

Thank you for reading and responding. I can't concentrate on my life because of these thoughts. Most of my days are unhappy.

We certainly have more than our share of slow progressing PALS You also can’t tell how disabled people are Some are fully paralyzed and typing with their eyes. The average lifespan is 2-3 years and the majority of that is lived in severe disability

It varies. I twitch very little. Twitching was never the thing that bothered me most. The falling down was the problem

There was No pain associated with my inability to walk. I couldn’t lift any weight now. When I could it didn’t hurt. You have something else wrong with your arm. Perhaps a mild injury

I would check in with a physio who can evaluate your arm and help you try to improve things. If they think you might need further testing such as an X-ray, they can then suggest it to your doctor.

There's been a lot of saliva in my mouth lately. People around me say that my voice has become deeper. The twitching in my left arm got worse. (it doesn't happen very often but it gets worse) I started to get out of breath more easily. I will let you know after meeting with the doctor next week. I would appreciate it if forum writers who have ALS would report the symptoms they see. Thanks. (I don't think it's due to injury. Because I have similar symptoms all over my body, but more in my left arm.)

Hello everyone again, thank you for your previous answers, I am grateful to you. I would be very happy if you answer again. The twitching in my legs has become more frequent in the last 2 weeks. Now I have pain in my legs when walking uphill. My leg is getting heavy. Pains that I can relieve with a short rest. I also have a small melting point between my thumb and index finger on my left hand. I also have more saliva in my mouth for 3 weeks. I started waking up with a wet pillow in the morning. My speech seems quite normal. Now I have started telling this situation to my loved ones, I want them to be prepared. I will have an emg done on January 10th. Do you think I should be pessimistic? Are the symptoms similar to ALS? Thanks again.

When you keep adding symptoms at a rapid rate that you think are ALS, that is a sign that you are overly worried about ALS and should go back to your doctor to discuss counseling as well as any further appropriate testing.

The help you need is where you are. We have said that we see no reason to think of ALS and nothing you have said is more worrying than the last time you posted.

I am sure the new EMG will be reassuring but if you cannot accept it, I would advise you to seek counseling for health anxiety that perhaps relates to other problems in your life that you may have.

Thank you for responding so quickly. Twitching, pain, hyperreflexia for 3 months, when these come together, I can't think of any other disease. Google keeps throwing the same things at me. Asking you questions really puts me at ease. Thank you very much. I don't want to tire you. Goodbye until EMG day.

Hello everyone, how are you, I hope you are well. Today, thanks to EMG, I was told that there is no problem in my muscles. And I didn't expect this at all. I was having difficulty keeping my steps even while walking. While I used to be able to use the phone with my left hand, now I was having a hard time doing so. I had twitches all over my body. Sometimes it continued for days in a very localized manner. I had hyperreflexia. I couldn't control my saliva. I have experienced these since August 17th. and I was sure I was als. I think I don't have als anymore. :) What most people on this forum have in common is anxiety, and the cause of the symptoms is precisely anxiety, which I tried to prevent but failed. But thinking about the same things for 5 months has made me tired. I started to not care. Today the doctor said my reflexes are no longer alive. I would like to thank the forum members who supported me throughout this process. I love you very much, goodbye

Thank you for letting us know. It is so helpful to other worried people and good news makes us happy too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back