I'm Leavin on a Jet Plane...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am back (but I wish I wasn't)! I had a lovely time. my son was so happy to be with me and show off his home and his town to me. My other kids did great with their dad, and he had a nice time with them. I had hired a massage therapist to come by on Saturday so that was a nice extra for him. I feel very rested and de-stressed. It is amazing what a quick 3-day weekend can do for the soul!

Good for you Barbie, you deserve it.
Paulette

>I feel very rested and de-stressed. It is amazing what a quick 3-day weekend can do for the soul!

welcome back Barbie! :)

welcome home Barbie, your son is a gem. Now, start planning your next one, I think every CALS should take a few days off like this every 3 months and they take planning!

Glad to hear you had a good time Barbie but so sorry it was so short for you. Hugs, Kim

it was funny--when I got home and saw my husband, I was sort of shocked by how weak he seemed. I felt all shaky inside, like me leaving was too much for him. I was worried that he had declined alot. It seemed even worse the next day when I got back from work. I asked his CNA and my daughters and they didn't see any change...and now 3 days later it all seems normal again. I wonder if it is a case of not seeing the forest for the trees...being so close to the situation all seems good.

I know what you mean Barbie.

The last time I was apart from Chris was August last year. He was mobile then and went to visit his sister. He was gone 2 weeks! When he came home I was shocked, but he felt he was about the same. The weirdest thing though for him was that his sister was unwell (she actually passed last November) and he spent 2 weeks doing things for her.

The day after he came home I dressed him for the first time. Within the week he never dressed himself again ...

I think that there is something about letting go during that break, not being on such high alert to everything that maybe made seeing him again a shock.

Don't let that stop you taking another break Barbie, even warriors need the time out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back