Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapid loss of the use of your leg like you are describing sounds much more like a possible problem in a spinal nerve rather than ALS. Your leg wouldn't have must given out in one day like that. There are a lot of things that cause clinical weakness with rapid onset. Relax. Even sleeping wrong could cause it. Relax til you know you have something to worry about. Good luck

Hey everyone,

Loosing the ability to walk on my left leg, I now know what it means to be clinically weak. I can't stand on my toes anymore on my left leg. Got a neuro appointment at UCLA on Monday, hopefully I can get some answers here. Seeing I just had a clean EMG from a neuro locally on thursday and now my left leg is beginning not to work is somewhat troubling. It's like my knee is giving out but my calf muscle is wicked weak also.

I am a lefty so this sucks even more. The clean EMG doesn't seem like she did it correctly or cared. What other reasons could my left leg start failing me all of a sudden? Seems to be pretty aggressive which obviously sucks.

Why haven't you gone to the hospital's emergency room yet? ALS doesn't work like this, but things like strokes and cerebral hemorrhages do work that quickly. Keep goofing off with your health and your loved ones may just find you dead one day.

Or are you just trolling this board to see what kind of a ridiculous story you can get us to swallow?

I agree with trfogey. If your leg is failing like you describe and you haven't already been to your GP or the hospital, then GO. It's a heck of a lot more likely that this could be a DVT than ALS. There's something else to worry about...

I'm sorry what is a DVT? My condition in my leg has gotten worse over the last month and just yesterday it made me fall. I am not trying to make anyone swallow any kind of story I am just very scared right now because my strong leg gave out on me in front of the people I work with. There is no numbness in my leg just pure weakness. My calf muscle constantly feels like its cramps and my upper thigh and knee feel like they will give out when i try to put my weight on it. my leg is constantly in spasm and there is no pain accept for cramping and swelling.

Trust me I would love to not be scared right now and not worry but I am in some trouble here. Sorry for upsetting you guys, this is not my intentions.

Do you sit with your knees bent a lot or crossed? I did and was stretching and pinching my peroneal nerve, which effects your legs below your knees. You can have tinlging, weakness etc below the knee and you can fall as a result. One of the most common causes of it is crossing your legs, or sitting with your legs bent, while you sit.

I'm sorry what is a DVT? My condition in my leg has gotten worse over the last month and just yesterday it made me fall. I am not trying to make anyone swallow any kind of story I am just very scared right now because my strong leg gave out on me in front of the people I work with. There is no numbness in my leg just pure weakness. My calf muscle constantly feels like its cramps and my upper thigh and knee feel like they will give out when i try to put my weight on it. my leg is constantly in spasm and there is no pain accept for cramping and swelling.

Trust me I would love to not be scared right now and not worry but I am in some trouble here. Sorry for upsetting you guys, this is not my intentions.

If you weren't trying to get us to swallow a story, you would have had an evaluation from an emergency room doctor to report in your post last night. And the coworkers that supposedly witnessed this latest incident and didn't insist on your going to the emergency room, given your "history" -- not your friends, presuming, of course, that they exist.

If you were really as scared as you claim to be, you would have gone to the ER yesterday and would be following up with other doctors today, instead of posting here and looking for sympathy from the crippled folks. Go back to the other board you were posting this crap on -- your fifteen minutes of fame here has expired.

Last edited:
I will fill you guys in when I see my neuro, I am not here to be talked down to I just need as much support as I can get through this horrible process of waiting.

Thanks again for your support and I am praying for the best.

Ok I went back and read your very first post where you seemed to be very exhaustive with all of your symptoms over the last 5 years and no where did you mention these leg issues. From what I have read you have had 3 clean EMG's and clean MRI's. You mentioned jaw and back pain and other concerns all of which your Dr's told you that you were fine and no need to worry about ALS. If these leg issues are coming on as quick as you claim then I agree with everyone else you need to go to a hospital ASAP.

I will fill you guys in when I see my neuro, I am not here to be talked down to I just need as much support as I can get through this horrible process of waiting.

Thanks again for your support and I am praying for the best.

And we're not here to provide an audience for this fantasy that you keep trying to suck us into.

If you want to be taken seriously, act like a serious person. Serious people go to the emergency room when they have a leg that suddenly won't support their weight, because that could be a symptom of a stroke. Who knows -- an emergency room visit, especially when your leg is actively malfunctioning, might just give you an answer to your question.

Until you come up with something believable -- and your current story is not believable from an ALS/MND point of view -- the only support you need and should get is us telling you to get your butt to a doctor and cool your hysteria jets until you get an answer.

Just got back from neuro and world renowned EMG Neuro muscular doctor. He tested all of my muscles and found my sternoidmastoid muscle had been dinervated and reinnervated which is why it is much smaller than the other. According to my findings they say I have upper motor neuron involvement at this time only. There is no active denervation going on in my body at this time that they can find.

I have hyper reflexes on my left side
muscle weakness and rigidity in my left arm, shoulder and leg
twitches going on throughout my body

Neuromuscular doc said all symptoms point to UMN lesion or some disease process.

Still need to sync up with neurologist to see what he is thinking here because it seems like UMN is an obvious indicator of disease.

Does anyone else know of any other diseases that could affect UMN area? All MRI's have been clean thus far, EMG was clean minus the rinervation the doctor found in my left sternomastoid muscle. No active denervaqtion is occuring at this time but My muscles are tight and weak on my left side. hard to type with my left hand can only use one finger and i get tired very easily.

Any opinions are welcome, I would love to know what you guys think.

This is a duplicate. You have already written this in another thread.....confusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back