I thought there was no pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am much better, legs are still sore but no more cramps, my CALS has upped the tonic water in my tube. Sorry but glad to hear I'm not alone. I agree the the cramps are a secondary symptom. I haven't had a lot of pain. Had faculations really bad in my legs for over a year and felt weakness, felt kind of a pulling sensation like my feet are trying to touch my back. Tillie, I have watched your videos but maybe I need to watch again. Thank you for staying with us.

Janie

Dusty I like the way you explained secondary or tertiary, and the example of falling on your face made me think of how many times that happened to Chris when he would fall as his arms were useless ... so true, his facial injuries were certainly not ALS symptoms as such.

Janie I'm glad you are getting a little relief with the tonic water, the massage and ROM and possibly magnesium gels do help too.

Gillie what's the name of the mg gel you used. Would like to try it for fasculations and cramps

Neil Ancient Minerals, that is the brand of the gel I use. You can get it in gel or lotion I believe.

Magnesium Products | Ancient Minerals

I get hip pain, and it is the only thing I've tried in years that gives relief.

Chris found it did give him relief in his shoulders.

Kat, I may try that -- over the past three weeks my shoulders wake me up. i don't think we are following you rom rules enough :)

Tillie has videos? Who knew? Where?

Lynne

Max, do the massage and ROM in the evening before bed, and put the magnesium on after and I would love to know if it helps you sleep a little better.

>Max, do the massage and ROM in the evening before bed, and put the magnesium on after and I would love to know if it helps you sleep a little better.

will pass on to Sandy and reporrt back!

Before diagnosis, I would wake up with cramps in both calves. "Leg Cramps" pills from the grocery cured them. Once diagnosed with bulbar onset, I went on a 200% magnesium chloride intake, which kept the cramps away. I've been on 6-7 cans of Boost+ daily for the last six months. Each can contains 25% daily magnesium, so I have weaned off the MgCl.

I rub Hemp Lotion on the back of my neck a few times a day. It has CBD. It calms my jitters, and takes away any tendency for neck cramp.

Therefore, I believe muscle cramps can be due to shortage of magnesium. The only downside from 200% overdose of Mg is loose bowels, which even helps some PALS.

I've been having arthritic-like aches in my thighs & buttocks the past few months and I don't usually suffer from arthritis. I thought at first it was from wearing my ankle-to-foot brace which goes up almost to my left knee but then I realized that both sides were getting achy. I think I just have to rack it up to being a lot more sedentary and continue taking seditives. (I already take an adult aspirin every night at bedtime since having a by-pass in 2009 which went smooth as silk.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back