Status
Not open for further replies.
For how long would such governments be permitted to exercise this control before Jehovah gave the Kingdom to Jesus Christ? Daniel 4:16 says “seven times” (“seven years,” AT and Mo, also JB footnote on Da 4 verse 13). The Bible shows that in calculating prophetic time, a day is counted as a year. (Ezek. 4:6; Num. 14:34) How many “days,” then, are involved? Revelation 11:2, 3 clearly states that 42 months (3 1/2 years) in that prophecy are counted as 1,260 days. Seven years would be twice that, or 2,520 days. Applying the “day for a year” rule would result in 2,520 years.

When did the counting of the “seven times” begin? After Zedekiah, the last king in the typical Kingdom of God, was removed from the throne in Jerusalem by the Babylonians. (Ezek. 21:25-27) Finally, by early October of 607 B.C.E. the last vestige of Jewish sovereignty was gone. By that time the Jewish governor, Gedaliah, who had been left in charge by the Babylonians, had been assassinated, and the remaining Jews had fled to Egypt. (Jeremiah, chapters 40-43) Reliable Bible chronology indicates that this took place 70 years before 537 B.C.E., the year in which the Jews returned from captivity; that is, it took place by early October of 607 B.C.E. (Jer. 29:10; Dan. 9:2; for further details, see the book “Let Your Kingdom Come,” pages 186-189.)

How, then, is the time calculated down to 1914? Counting 2,520 years from early October of 607 B.C.E. brings us to early October of 1914 C.E., as shown on the chart.

How, then, is the time calculated down to 1914? Counting 2,520 years from early October of 607 B.C.E. brings us to early October of 1914 C.E., as shown on the chart.

CALCULATING THE “SEVEN TIMES”

“Seven times” = 7 X 360 = 2,520 years

A Biblical “time,” or year = 12 X 30 days = 360. (Rev. 11:2, 3; 12:6, 14)

In the fulfillment of the “seven times” each day equals one year. (Ezek. 4:6; Num. 14:34)

Early October, 607 B.C.E., to December 31, 607 B.C.E.= 1/4 year

January 1, 606 B.C.E., to December 31, 1 B.C.E. = 606 years

January 1, 1 C.E., to December 31, 1913 = 1,913 years

January 1, 1914, to early October, 1914 = 3/4 year

Total: 2,520 years

What happened at that time? Jehovah entrusted rulership over mankind to his own Son, Jesus Christ, glorified in the heavens.—Dan. 7:13, 14.

Then why is there still so much wickedness on earth? After Christ was enthroned, Satan and his demons were hurled out of heaven and down to the earth. (Rev. 12:12) Christ as King did not immediately proceed to destroy all who refused to acknowledge Jehovah’s sovereignty and himself as the Messiah. Instead, as he had foretold, a global preaching work was to be done. (Matt. 24:14) As King he would direct a dividing of peoples of all nations, those proving to be righteous being granted the prospect of everlasting life, and the wicked being consigned to everlasting cutting-off in death. (Matt. 25:31-46) In the meantime, the very difficult conditions foretold for “the last days” would prevail. As shown under the heading “Last Days,” those events have been clearly in evidence since 1914. Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the “great tribulation” in which the present wicked world will end.—Matt. 24:21, 22, 34.

When will the end of this wicked world come?

Jesus answered: “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.” However, he also stated: “Truly I say to you that this generation [that was alive when “the sign” of “the last days” began its fulfillment] will by no means pass away until all these things occur.”—Matt. 24:36, 34.

Also, after telling of events that would follow the establishment of the Kingdom in the hands of Jesus Christ in 1914, Revelation 12:12 adds: “Be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time

sorry last bit went to mod land.

1914 DONE ,NOW NEUTRALITY tNT.

Christian Neutrals in These Last Days

All during this time period, they have kept preaching that God’s Kingdom is the only means to bring lasting peace, prosperity, and happiness to lovers of righteousness. (Matthew 24:14) But with regard to controversies among the nations, they have maintained strict neutrality.

In sharp contrast, the clergy of this world’s religions have been very involved in political affairs. In some lands, they have actively campaigned for or against candidates. Some of the clergy even hold political office. Others have pressured politicians to favor programs that the clergy approve. However, Jehovah’s Witnesses do not meddle in politics. Nor do they interfere with what others do as to joining a political party, running for political office, or voting in elections. Jesus said that his disciples would be no part of the world, so Jehovah’s Witnesses take no part in politics.

As Jesus foretold, nations have repeatedly gone to war. Even factions within nations have fought one another. (Matthew 24:3, 6, 7) The religious leaders have almost always supported one nation or faction against another, urging their followers to do the same. The result? Members of the same religion kill one another in battle just because of differences in nationality or tribe. This is contrary to God’s will.—1 John 3:10-12; 4:8, 20.

However, Jehovah’s Witnesses have been strictly neutral in all conflicts. The Watchtower of November 1, 1939, stated: “All who are on the Lord’s side will be neutral as to warring nations.” Jehovah’s Witnesses in all nations and under all circumstances continue to hold to this position. They do not allow the world’s divisive politics and wars to break up their international brotherhood. They “beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears.” Being neutral, they do not learn war anymore.—Isaiah 2:3, 4; 2 Corinthians 10:3, 4.

What is one result of their neutrality? Jesus said: “Because you are no part of the world, . . . the world hates you.” (John 15:19) Many of Jehovah’s Witnesses have been imprisoned because of being God’s servants. Some have been tortured, even killed, similar to what happened to first-century Christians. This is because Satan, “the god of this system of things,” opposes Jehovah’s servants, who are no part of it.—2 Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 12:12.

Jehovah’s servants are happy that they are no part of the world, for all of its nations are marching to their end at Armageddon. (Daniel 2:44; Revelation 16:14, 16; 19:11-21) . As a united people earth wide, we are loyal to God’s heavenly Kingdom. True, by being no part of the world, we are exposed to its ridicule and persecution. Very soon, though, that will stop, since this present evil world under Satan will be destroyed forever. Kingdom.—2 Peter 3:10-13; 1 John 2:15-17.

Last edited:
I can show you and prove any bible teaching.....its there in black and white....but your just going to ignore it.

The whole point is you proclaim something but cannot back it up,you do not have acurate knowledge of the scriptures to do so.

You have been cruel,insulting and insensitive to each and every pal here on this forum.....if we could have a show of hands they all would be raised.

Last edited:
blimy ollie..you brought out the big guns and blew im away.......johnny

Johnny believe what you will, it is your choice. Olly 2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing: that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

I am not here to bash Jehovah's Witnesses, but you are taught without the Holy Spirit by man, who is flawed. I am taught by the Holy Spirit in union with the Word of God. I am also well aware of what the Witnesses teach. But thank you for your time. Also, I have insulated no one re-read your responses to me and refresh your memory as to who is being insulted. You are quite free to believe as you believe. I have the fruits of my beliefs to bear witness, as well as the Holy Spirit who bears witness for me. May God Bless You! P.S. Go ahead and attain my medical records or whatever info you can attain. Anthony Myers VA Medical Center Lexington, Ky Dr. Kasarkis, Dr. Shearer, Dr Bell of Ewing, VA Dr Wisnoff of Harrogate TN (he has moved), Dr. Dogweiler of Knoxville, TN University of Tennesee Medical Center how many more doctors would you like. I've seen more. Would you like or desire the references of those who came to our house and physically lifted me into the Church Van. How about my wife's doctors that saw me? Send me your email address and I'll sign and fax to you permission to have all of my medical records.
Dr. Trudell
Knoxville Neurology Clinic
2200 Sutherland Ave
Knoxville, TN 37919

I want people healed so let's forego all the banter and I'll put my money where my mouth is.

saying god healed you set yoursef up for ridicule...but am sure now that you have no ulterior motive for saying so...other than you truely believe your own words...theres no answere to that.....so am off to pastures new.....no more fase hope me old son...god bless your god and the sick searching for answeres....johnny

This isn't a religious forum, can't these discussions be taken to a religious forum?

Thread closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back