Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
City
Uddevalla
Hey just looking to see if anyone know here, im really scared for what this could be. Two days ago i felt weak in my arm at the dinner table, later on the night i was super numb in both my arms, waking up multiple times during my sleep, scared of my arms...
Now 2 days later it still here, but the worst is the cramp in both my forearms, and its going out in the fingers, and i feel weaker than normal, struggling to write this and moving my hands, i can still do things like eating, drinking, all that but its the cramps..
Im feeling good overall, energi, i was just out running with my brother, its just the both arms.

Will say tho i have type 1 diabetes, so hopefully this is nothing to serious, would be hard to have more than one thing :(

If anyone have had the same cramps, numbness in the forearms and fingers, specially the thumbs let me know. Sorry for my english, im swedish.

im 23 years old will say also

Would really appreciate some answer, if anyone know this, is ALS normally afficting both arms or only one? Is there similar sicknesses that has these symptoms?
Its like, really bad in the forearms, constant cramping

This does not sound like ALS at all, but there are cramping syndromes that come out of nowhere, though more commonly there is an issue with the way you sit/work/sleep/drive/keyboard/text/game/rest on your arms, where you put too much pressure on your forearms/wrists/fingers These could all be things to look at.

If this persists after you take steps to improve it, then it's time to see your doctor.

Okey thanks. Now when i woke up today today i feel weaker in my legs aswell. I mean i couldnt sleep all night, just sweating like crazy and having anxiety, but could ALS attack with muscle weakness on my both my arms, hands and legs at the same time all within 3 days of first symptoms? Or could it be the anxiety that gives me this fatigue feeling in my whole body, having a hard time almost standing up atm and also feel colder than normal, almost like i have the flu or something, a bit dizzy in my head aswell. Going to see a doctor today but the neuro doctor was longer waiting time, but im scared that if its keeping going in this speed it will be to late?

Best regards, Erik

No ALS doesn’t act like this. Feeling weak is not being weak and you are not describing ALS at all but anyway even the fastest onset does not affect people all over in 3 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back