Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Disclosures

Forget the link to the Guidestar-worthless but here is the link for the ALS Association Form 990 and the most recent one is for 2007
It also appears to have areas that are "whited out" and not as complete as ALSTDI You really should read this before you do any further fundraising or walk another step in their defeat program.

http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990_pdf_archive/133/133271855/133271855_200801_990.pdf

Their President
Gary Leo 43hours/week compensation $312,950 00.00 BENEFITS $29,744 00 EXPENSES $0 00
Title President
Addr 1 27001 Agoura Road
Addr 2
CSZ Calabasas Hills, CA 91301-5104

Last edited:

Now the link to my ANGEL! I WANT YOU TO NOTICE THAT THERE IS NO PAY OR COMPENSATION!

http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990_pdf_archive/262/262671920/262671920_200812_990EZ.pdf

Now, where do you want to raise or donate MONEY? Just imagine what could happen for PALS and CALS if Stu had the billions that the rest of them are getting handed over to them on a golden platter! I bet that there would be a known cause and a CURE! How many of you are aware that MDA and ALSA send PALS and CALS to ALS Guardian Angels for HELP! Please, please help me make these organizations accountable.

So I have the backing from the CANADA forum family, how about someone in the USA that has has been raising money for these organizations-any input or outrage?

Is this just a coincidence...I just got a hang up from 310-429-5382 hmmmm so I did a reverse look up and it is a unlisted cell phone number from Santa Monica, California in the LOS ANGELES area. I have tried 3 times to return a call to the number. First it was busy and now it just rings and rings. hmmmm Anyone know that number? Telemarketers on Sunday? FYI I am on the national DO NOT CALL LIST. Maybe one of the organizations above phoning me for a donation? rotflmao

Now the link to my ANGEL! I WANT YOU TO NOTICE THAT THERE IS NO PAY OR COMPENSATION!

http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990_pdf_archive/262/262671920/262671920_200812_990EZ.pdf

Now, where do you want to raise or donate MONEY? Just imagine what could happen for PALS and CALS if Stu had the billions that the rest of them are getting handed over to them on a golden platter! I bet that there would be a known cause and a CURE! How many of you are aware that MDA and ALSA send PALS and CALS to ALS Guardian Angels for HELP! Please, please help me make these organizations accountable.

I would like to organize a walkathon to raise money for ALS this summer.

How do we send the money to ALS Guardian Angels? Just send the check in the mail?

DISCLAIMER I do NOT get compensated by any of the above organizations and "opinions" are my own! Links are federal documents that are OPEN TO THE PUBLIC Just thought I would add that lololol ALthough I would love to have one of those gigantic compensation packages and all the benefits-I wonder if they hire?

and to think real research is going on with limited funding. This irriates me to no end.

I just submitted a new thread regarding stem cell research. I will add here, since we are on the monetary thread... that the news article ends with the following, and I quote, "Success for BrainStorm in developing a treatment for ALS is expected to open the door for the company to a $1 billion market. BrainStorm is trading in New York at a market cap of $30 million. "

And you wonder why some of us are skeptical. This might be the break through that we are hoping for, but the $ amount is some indication as to what is at stake and what we are dealing with out there. It may be an illness for some, but for a whole lot of others, it is big business. This is something to always keep in mind while we are looking for answers. When you roll over rocks looking for gold, you are bound to find a few bugs in the process... that doesn't mean you stop looking, but you better know your bugs ;)

Why do we have to sign an agreement with the MDA implying that the grant for 2K gives them the right to the equipment? We never had them sign a "fund raiser agreement" implying that we would hold them to the fire in the future. The wording on this "MDA Equipment Agreement and Waiver" starts out: The Muscular Dystrophy Association, Inc. ("MDA") is pleased to provide you with _______. This letter describes the policies regarding the provision of the above referenced equipment. What? A 2k grant (much less than what we've raised) now gives them the gall to say this is a loan? Quote from the agreement/waiver: Equipment loaned through MDA's equipment pool remains the property of the Association and is to be returned when no longer being used by you for future distribution through MDA's loan closet program.

Suffice it to say this will not be signed and the equipment will go to ALS Guardian Angels.

My husband hates going to the clinic because of the high pressure tactics of the MDA (to fund raise).

As for the ALSA - we have a cough assist and we are grateful for their loan closet with no binding agreements to fill out. But that is the extent of it. We don't go to their support group meetings due to a horrible first time experience.

Kay Marie, I must hold back on what my true feelings are! Except to say that Stu is and will be getting any support we can give.

Last edited:

Most ALSA employees consider their work not a cause but a career. Due to IRS regulations, I can not "officially" put more than a certain amount of my personal funds directly into ALSGA. About 95% of the money spent by ALSGA comes from my personal accounts and does not go thru the foundation. This comes to well into the six figures annually, directly out of pocket. So the ALSGA IRS disclosure does not tell the real story Most of the help going to ALS patients has to be declared on my personal tax return.

My "return on investment" is not measured in $$ but in something I can't describe. If you've ever had that feeling, you will know what I mean.

Stu

Cj, I thought that the definition of GRANT was that it was given to you! That sounds like-gee, I will give you 2K towards your $50,000 wheelchair and then you give it back to me-WHAT A DEAL! Great money making/investment scheme. And you can feel all warm and fuzzy about how much MDA is doing for you :] and they also get tons of mileage and free PR for their good deed of LOANING you the 2k!
Why do you have to "hold back what your true feelings are"? Did ALSA pay for the cough assist and then loan it to you or had a PALS DONATED IT to ALSA and they in turn loaned it to you? If they simply loaned equipment that had been donated to them all they are is a clearing house and how much effort does that take PLUS they probably use it as a tax write off! I need some back up here so let er rip and tell it like it really is :]

Stu, waving HI at you and glad you stopped by the thread! Oh, such abSOULute truth-I know exactly what you mean. I THANK the Universe every single day for putting you and your heart on this Earth. :] ALSGA lifts us up.

The reason I must hold back is that I would be using words not allowed on the forum! LOL:evil:

I feel just as outraged as you and don't have a clue as to what to do about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back