Extreme Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OT should be able to help with some of the pain. He needs to keep his joints, muscles moving and limber which will alleviate some of the pain.

The only medication for ALS is Rilutec. Baclofen is a muscle relaxer...percocet is for pain. etc.etc. He does not have to believe he has als to take a muscle relaxer, or a pain reliever, or a antidepressant. He needs to know these meds are for his symptoms. they are not for "that disease that he doesnt have" If he has a fever does he take a anti inflamatory med. if he has a toothache does he take a pain med. if he has an infection does he take a antibiotic. Tell him its for the symptoms.

Good take on it, Vhzandt. Wish there was a 'like' button...

****like*****

He doesn't have to believe he has ALS to believe he needs to control the pain. Pain is bad for the heart, can cause strokes--and believe me, it can affect personality.

Another poster was correct. It can increase blood pressure to dangerous levels if bad enough. My BP hasn't been below 180 in a month

I've been out of my pain meds for a month, and I'm in constant pain --and a total ***** because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back