Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Shiftkicker. Just don't understand how my fingers are clearly struggling and the emg on my hands was normal. It worries me

Does any of this sound like als Shiftkicker, even tho I have 2 clean emgs?

Have ever seen or heard of someone with weak fingers, but 2 clean emgs? Doctors have said to wait it out and see what's happens.

Yes. To put it in perspective it's like asking if anyone has ever heard of a headache that didn't turn out to be brain cancer.

Best to continue working with your doctors. Now would be the time to start considering other possibilities besides ALS as the reason for your ongoing symptoms.

This is post #50 on this thread.

We can't do anything more, you asked, we replied, your doctors and tests cleared you. I'm sorry you are still so anxious, please see your regular doctor and ask what is next. We don't know the answer to that, but we do know you don't present with any ALS symptoms which is great!

I will not post anymore, thanks for all the support in answering my questions I really do appreciate it. I've just been really scared since all these symptoms have increased in the past month and came here for support. It confuses me when I see you guys replying or stating clean emg and no weakness is a good sign or atrophy with no weakness is a good sign. Yet I have the clinical weakness in my fingers, along with atrophy.

Clear weakness in both left and right thumb and index finger extensors. (Some lost of dexterity and very slow when moving them) Clear atrophy in both hands left and right of the 1st dorsal interosseous. Increased muscle twitches on left and right arm limbs. Again thanks for the support everyone. :(

Can Anyone relate? My symptoms are just too much, I'm sorry guys

No one here can relate to what it's like to be cleared of ALS, they can only dream about it.

This is not the right place for you Vera. No one can help you here. Please continue working with your doctors and pursuing other medical reasons for your symptoms.

Not the place for me? When I have clear clinical weakness? All I was here for was support.

This is a place for people who have ALS or suspected ALS. Clinical weakness by itself is not ALS, especially after its been ruled out.

Not the place for me? When I have clear clinical weakness? All I was here for was support.

You should find out what is causing your weakness. It is not ALS. We must direct our limited resources to support people with ALS. Good luck with your doctors.

If you read my thread and my symptoms, it clearly states I'm not only dealing with clinical weakness Lixen, but thank you. And thanks mike for your support and taking the time to reply.

Last edited:
Vera, you've posted 3x since promising us and yourself to stop. Please realize that we're pretty good at saying "maybe" when it's appropriate. In your case, it's not.

We've been at this a month with a very clear conclusion for you, so I'm closing this thread. You might reread it from the beginning, Vera, to see how far we are from believing that your problem is ALS. We wish you well.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back