Constant widespread twitching, glute cramping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaylorH

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
I've tried hard to put off posting in here because I know my anxiety has been high which doesn't help with anything except maybe exacerbating symptoms.
Since June 2023 I started with some finger twitching. Since then, the twitching has spread to almost everywhere in my body. The most constant places are on my right knee and and right glute. The right glute is so often that I've begun to notice some cramping/pain in that area in the past week.
But the twitching itself is sometimes in my feet (the arch area usually, sometimes the top), calfs, eyelids, my upper lip, biceps, abdomen (rare).
I had an emg done about a month ago on my upper arms only but my neuro dr wants to wait until I have an MRI in a couple weeks to have a follow up a few days after.
The dr who did the emg was... not people oriented and when I asked him for any information, he just said "I don't see anything acute" and walked out.
So, has anyone had body wide twitching that is not consistently in any one muscle group? Or presented with something similar to this at all??

Hx: I did have some really bad, sudden right arm pain in June just before the twitching began. I've considered a pinched nerve or something but I don't think that could realistically be effecting my whole body.

You can probably see your emg on the patient portal. You do have a right to your records. The electrophysiologist probably wasn’t supposed to say anything so they were being kind. Nothing acute is great news

You will find a million people with twitches like you in the bfs groups. Try muscle twitch on reddit and also look on facebook. Benign fasciculation syndrome is a common thing

Read this Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

So, an update if anyone is reading...
MRI came back totally normal, which is great.
EMG of upper body (arms, fingers) came back normal.
My neurologist suggested BFS and recommended no follow up.
My lingering concern is my only real consistent twitching is in my feet. Mostly my right foot, in the arch and a lot on the top. The neurologist never did an emg on my lower body so should I follow up again and see if it's worth doing one? Would an upper EMG read ALS like results even if symptoms are in my lower body mostly?
I do have occasional twitching in my bicep (1-2/week), though it's minimal compared to the daily, almost constant twitching in my foot.

You stated it started in your hand and it was worst in the knee and the glute. Now it is worst on the foot. This is incredibly common in bfs
Take your results and be thankful. Swear off google and especially ALS sites. Ignore the twitches take care of yourself ( diet hydration,exercise,sleep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back