Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Edmonton
Hello everyone,

Thanks first of all for your commitment to this website. It is a very valuable resource.

I am hoping you can help solve some confusion as my partner struggles through some anxiety surrounding some neurological symptoms.

Many websites will say that early symptoms of ALS include muscle cramps, minor weakness, stiffness and tingling feelings.

Here, and in other forums, I read that ALS is less about "feeling" and more about the inability to perform using muscles that previously functioned properly.

The symptoms he describes are intermittent muscles soreness, tingling feelings in his calf area, and perceived "slowness" in his hands. He also talks about feeling more fatigued than he has ever felt. This points to anxiety for me, but if one is to believe the "other" sites, some of these symptoms line up with ALS.

Thanks for your thoughts. My heart goes out to all PALS out there.

ALS as you know is unlikely but the other possibilities include nothing to a virus to nutritional deficits, all far more likely than anything else. He should see an internist, the logical place for worst-ever fatigue, so as not to ferment further anxiety. Once he is there, the picture will become much clearer.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back