Status
Not open for further replies.
Max, sent you info on benefits- said it won't post till site coordinator checks the post. I am confused! If info doesn't post shortly, will send it again.

Hmm- Max, maybe I figured it out! Sent a website. Maybe that has to be confirmed! Still new to the forum. Anyhow, if you don't have the book "Federal Benefits for Veterans. Dependents and Survivors" you can get one on line or through the VA. We got ours from the social worker at the VA hospital. Has a whole section on burial and memorial benefits. Extensive! Hope this helps in your search for info. Donna

>"Federal Benefits for Veterans. Dependents and Survivors"

thanks -- are you on ebenefits and mhe?

Max, think not- not sure what meh is . Most of our info came directly from VA hospitals- Bay Pines and James Haley in Florida, and Ann Arbor in Michigan. The social workers have been exceptional, and the psychologist who have all guided us. Often wonder how the PALS and CALs do it without the hand holding we've received! Suspect the Forum folks are the hand holders for them! If I need to research meh, let me know. And is the ebenefits just a report on what you are getting? Thanks for any info on these.

Yay cheerleader, your my hero!

Yay cheerleader, your my hero!

Wow! Don't know what I did to deserve that kind compliment, but I'll take it with a thanks!
Think everyone here is just trying to hold on to the small joys each day brings - and helping each other is a big joy! Have a good evening!

You might try Nuedexta if you haven't already. Unlike private insurance the VA will probably cover that. It made a world of difference to me. I went from choking on my own spit to being able to eat almost anything in a matter of 3 or 4 days. Its not FDA approved for swallowing problems yet they are doing studies on it now but I bet it will be.

Nebrhahe- do you have another name? My auto correct keeps trying to put Nebraska! Lol
Thanks for sharing the great results with Nuedextra. I'm going to call our VA neurologist and see if she'll put my husband on that. Small victories but nonetheless, Victory if swallowing is improved. Donna

Well the process is underway to get the benefits for dad. I contacted our local PVA representative and he gave the website to go to and the form numbers I needed so I could print them off and we can work on filling them out.( There is a buch of forms) As soon as we get them filled out we have to call him and get an appointment to come in and bring the paperwork so he can go to bat for us. Thanks everybody for the information!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back