Not open for further replies.

Worried91

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
SE
Six weeks ago, I experienced a head injury twice 🤕, and since then, I have been dealing with muscle pain, whole-body fasciculations, numbness, and pain throughout my body. Can trauma potentially trigger ALS?

Have you been to the doctor for a concussion assessment? If you've had recent head trauma and are experiencing the symptoms you've posted, that's brain injury stuff and you need a doctor to provide you care and a recovery plan. Look up post- concussion syndrome and TBI related symptoms. ALS should not be on your radar. Please go see a doctor.

We don't know everything about ALS triggers, but they don't pop up as you describe, nor are you describing ALS. If you were not evaluated for the head trauma, now would be the time, as ShiftKicker notes. It is also possible that the rest of your body is catching up to all this trauma and your doc may recommend PT or another form of rehab. Please seek care so nothing like a internal blood clot or bleed is missed.

No. Not like that. Years of repetitive head trauma can cause cte and an als like syndrome too but not immediately even then

Numbness ,pain and whole body fasciculations are not ALS. As noted above you do need to be seen for post concussion evaluation and treatment

also that i had covid-19 the week after

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back