Bracelets for ALS Research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barbie & Tim,

Thanks for your encouragement. I sent an email to Tim with a picture of the bracelet.
I will continue to check in with you all here from time to time. I am praying about where God will use me now that I am free. It has been a difficult few weeks adjusting to a new daily purpose. I have four children and have many interests and so many projects I plan to complete but somehow I feel "stuck" and not ready to totally move on. I can't really explain it well. I sometimes think that I don't want to waste what I learned helping with Linda's life and death and should help others who are traveling that same road. But then again what works for one person may not be right for another.

I pray that the cure will be found soon and this disease will stop.
My heart and prayers are with you both and Gail.

Jeanne

Barbie & Tim....

Hi Barbie & Tim,
A couple of weeks ago I sent an email to Tim at the email address listed on the web site for the bracelets. Just wondering if you received it because I have not heard back with where to send the bracelet Tim asked for.

I hope you are both doing fine and enjoying the holiday's.

God Bless you and yours,
Jeanne

Hi Jeanne

Hi Jeanne:

Nice to hear from you. I am not sure if Tim received your email or not, but I do know that on the cureals.ca website, there is now a "bracelet recipe" on how to make your own bracelets. There is also a picture of your bracelet on there, and it is beautiful. I would like to buy one as well. Why don't you private message me with the address of where I can send a cheque and who to make it out to. I will give you my address too, so that you can send me one, if that is okay.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday season and find some joy with your family this year.

Barbie :)

Hi Barbie,

Thanks for your reply. I sent the bracelet to you last week. I hope you receive it within the next week. Please let me know that you did.

I hope you and your family had a nice Christmas and will enjoy the new year.

Jeanne

Happy Holidays Jeanne

Hi Jeanne and Happy Holidays

Thank you for sending me a bracelet, I will send you a quick note when I receive it.

I will wear it proudly. Please private message me with an address to send a cheque and amount.
Thank you again and I hope your Christmas was a happy one.

Barbie ;)

Barbie,

No need to send a check, consider it a gift from the heart of one friend to another.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Jeanne

Bracelet Sales

Hi folks. I just heard that Tim and Gail presented a cheque for $50,000 to the Foundation and ALS Ontario has agreed to allow bracelet sales at their walks with monies going to ALS Ont. Congratulations to Tim, Gail and Barbie4 and the rest of the volunteers that made this possible.
AL.

Wow! Nice to see the efforts of these dedicated folks pay off! Cindy

Wow

$50,000?! Now that's what we can do if we pull together! Keep it up!

Awesome job guys
Keep it up

Paulab
PS
the bracelets are gorgious tooooooo,,,i have one.

Bracelets for ALS

We are very excited about the upcoming Walk for ALS events this spring.

We were in Cobourg this weekend at the Walk for ALS and we have Stratford, Newmarket and Ottawa coming up.

We get a warm reception to the bracelets - but its always the ripple effect when someone shows it to a friend that really brings in the research money.

Our goal was to sell a bracelet for every one of the 3,000 Canadians with ALS. The Cobourg walk pushed us over 3,100 . We will keep selling them as long as our wonderfully supportive friends and community keep making them! And more importantly... until there is a cure!

Tim Gould

4,000 Bracelets Sold $80,000 Donated

We have now sold over 4,000 ALS Bracelets and have donated $80,000 for ALS Research.

Research is HOPE

Tim Gould
www.CureALS.ca

That's fabulous! Besides this site, how are you getting the word out about the bracelets? Also, how are you managing the cost of the beads? Are you getting a local buisiness to sponsor it? Congrats on the $80,000! That's VERY impressive!

Marcia

That's fabulous! Besides this site, how are you getting the word out about the bracelets? Also, how are you managing the cost of the beads? Are you getting a local buisiness to sponsor it? Congrats on the $80,000! That's VERY impressive!

Marcia

We started out selling to friends, then our beading friends sold to thier friends. We looked for publicity anywhere we could find it... our local paper, Running Room Magazine, and most effectively an article in Canadian Living Magazine. They can all be seen on the media page of www.CureALS.ca Also a Toronto TV show picked up the idea; CityLine featured the bracelet Christmas 2006 as a charitible gift under $50 More recently we have worked with ALS Ontario selling bracelets at various Walk for ALS locations. Our website was a great tool. It cost me $100 to set up and it allowed people from all over the world to buy the bracelet with ease. We have sold to Belgium, Italy, Alaska, California, New Zealand, and everywhere in between. The beads all come from US Retailers - I have tried to buy locally but can't beat the prices. Our friends get together at our house every so often for a beading party. Gail loves to see everyone. It really lifts her spirits to be surrounded by friends. Our beaders really get a sence of giving by making the bracelets and being part of the fundraising.

Tim

hi all, i'm brand new here and I have a thought and would just like your comments

I was so devstated last week when one of my dearest friends announced that he had been diagnosed with ALS. I cried all of last week and now I am motivated to do something and I thought of a rock-a-thon (the rocking chairs) to raise funds for ALS. I'M in a very small town and I am going to our local paper tomorrow to tell abit about it and was just looking here for comments. Do you all think that would be a good fundraiser or not?

Sandee

p.s. Love the bracelets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back