Bird watching

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love watching birds. While having bird feeders is against the rules where we live (because bears like bird feed), my wife hung a small one outside the living room window this winter. It has mostly been populated by chickadees, which have been very enjoyable to watch.

Here is my favorite picture I have taken of a bird...taken in Yellowstone, of course:).

Steve

Attachments

• DSC_3164.jpg
    DSC_3164.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 127
Steve, your photos of wildlife are always outstanding.

What a beast! Perfect positioning to see the belly and feet tucked back- and the bend of the flight feathers gives a real sense of motion too. Beautiful.

Steve I dream of getting a 'bird in flight' photo like that one day - awesome!

What a beautiful photo. Truly, truly gorgeous.

Our property is on a river where eagles roost. The eagles are especially active in June when the gaspereau (mackerel) run. It is so much fun to be out on a kayak and watch them fish.

My favourite memory is seeing two young eagles learning to fly. They were so awkward! Almost running into the trees to land.

There are many tall pine trees around me and the crows are busy building their nests. I also see chickadees, mourning doves, robins, blue jays. Flickers and woodpeckers later in the summer.

Marty- that's a great photo! I love their perpetual look of outrage. I think they always look like they are thinking "PREPOSTEROUS!" while looking around. I am thinking you must have a pretty low rodent population now if these guys have set up camp in your back yard.

I've returned to post photos of the sparrows we now appear to share property with. They used our patio table and chairs to stage their courtship and resulting, uh, interactions today. The cat was fully into watching the show because he's a complete creep. Sadly, as bird romance appears to be quite quick when you get down to it, I only got two pictures- one before, one after.

Attachments

• Birbs (2).jpg
    Birbs (2).jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 104
  • afterbirb.jpg
    afterbirb.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 116
Still my favorite...

Attachments

• Just shut up.jpg
    Just shut up.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 112