Bad Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Dana. Are you originally from Canada? Most Americans I've met call it grilling. I thought we Canadians were the only ones to call it a BBQ. Or did some Canadians sneak into the States as Robert Colbert suggested the other night on his show and change your way of saying things? As for the weather to BBQ in I usually cook out at least once a week all winter long. The heat melts the snow off the Q.

To grill or bbq?

Hi Al,
I am from Indiana, some call it northern Kentucky. We always said we were going to throw some burgers on the grill, or grillin' a steak.
I like red wine too, esp. the dry stuff that makes ya spit cotton.:-D

Never been to Canada in my life Al. Maybe us Oregonians stole the term BBQ from the Canadians. Who knows. I have some friends that live in Wisconsin and they call it grilling. Maybe the closer you get to Canada, you start calling it BBQ. Something to really think about and ponder today! All this talk about BBQing is starting to make me hungry though. I might talk my hubby into "GRILLING" some burgers tonight. (I have to admit...saying grilling doesn't quite roll off the tongue the same as saying BBQing).
Dana

I think grilling sounds like something you do the bad guys in the police station in old black and white movies. BBQ ing sounds like more fun.

Al,

You were asking what Spud01 stands for. I have a horse, his name is Spud. He is very special to me. Yes, but Spuds can be potatoes.

Terri

Well anyone who loves horses must be special too.

I have lived in NY all my life and we always called it a barbecue.

The only time we use the term grill is if we are speaking of the forman grill.

Ok make fun the New Yorker I had no idea what a tater was. I will now use this term if thats ok AL? :0)

I guess we Flordians just like to talk. We call it the barbecue grill.

Sure use our Canadian slang. It's part of our plan to take you over. With kindness. LOL. We don't have any guns up here. Well the gangs do but they don't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back