Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Kentucky
City
Ivel
I am a 29 year old male about 2 weeks ago me and my wife watched a movie on Netflix about a girl that has als. I have never heard of it so being the genius I am I googled it and seen what a horrible disease it was. Up till that point I have never had any of the symptoms I do now. About 2 days later I started noticing twitches in different parts of my body the twitches just twitch one time feels almost like a vibration. I then started feeling weak my arms and legs felt heavy and I had lost my appetite I lost 6 lbs in one week. I have since gained my strength back and gain my appetite back but the twitches are still there. I went to my PCP and I told him the story and he basically laughed at me took blood and told me I was fine was most likely my anxiety. My twitches are in different parts of my legs and arms and they only twitch one time every now and then is this something I should worry about or am I just being paranoid. PS I have always had troubles with health anxiety.

When I get the twitches I might get one on the left shoulder then on right arm then back to left leg just jumps around like crazy don't know if this helps but figured I would add it

I'm curious, did you watch You're not You. From someone who has lived the life of a caretaker, I thought the movie was crap. The book was much better but the movie really romanticized caregiving. And yes, you're crazy.

I mean that respectfully--go and enjoy your life---not an M.D. but it doesn't sound anything like ALS.

Yes that was the movie I watched and I so appreciate your comment my logical side of my mind tells me it's not als but deep in the back it still lingers and trust me I wished I never watched that movie myself.

Nothing to be worried about, Lee.

My wife was a doctor for 20 years, and I'm sure she would have laughed at you, too. Your story is very familiar. When a movie or a news report came on TV mentioning a disease, the next day her office would fill up with people certain they had that disease.

If you want to understand a little more, read the sticky post that we've stuck to the top of this Do I Have ALS subforum, titled "Read Before Posting."

I did read the stickys before I posted but I've read so much information on twitches and it seems to be different. Some people say twitches in different parts of the body are a good thing and some say it's a not so good thing. I was just hoping Somone could explain my twitches to me a little better that has had experience with them thanks for the reply.

Lee,

I'm sure you don't have ALS or any other life-threatening disease. I promise. Twitching like you describe is caused by anxiety. You have nothing to worry about! I'm happy for you.

Thank you so much for the comments it's so funny how reassuring words can make Somone feel so much better! I came to the conclusion that if anything does happen it's all in the lords hands and I pray for every single person on this forum.

Thank you, Lee! I appreciate your prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back